Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the .45 acp in its handgun version and have been seriously contemplating the carbine in the .45. Does anybody have any facts about the Carbine they can share with me, or stories ? Things like effective range and accuracy, difficulty in breaking it down, cleaning it and putting it back together, and any general stories or info on it's performance ?

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the .45 carbine and I love it! It shoots great I wouldnt say super accurate passed 50 yards with the standard sights ( for me any ways) , breaks down easy ,easy to clean and a lot of fun!! Cant go wrong of its the right price.:D
Thanks for the info ! :)

·
Expert in Superfluities
1,118 Posts
NWK--

I have the 4595, too. Cleaning is easy. I watched a youtube vid for some tips. Accuracy at 50 yds is impeccable. At 100 yards, it still isn't too bad. Last Friday, I hit 4 hits out of 9 on an 11 x 17 target off-hand, 2nd round-- 5 hits, 3rd--8 hit's. At 50 yds, I couldn't miss the black. All off hand with the sling for support. I get in a hurry because I like to hear it go BANG!

With the mag holder and three loaded mags it comes to 9.4 lbs. Your pistol mags will fit it. I have not had a jam, FTF, or FTE, with Wolf, Tula, WWB, Blazer Brass, and Blazer alum. I took it from the box and shot about 300 rds from it.

I put a little longer sling on mine. I still used the 1.5" web. I'm not a scope guy, so it's iron sites. I bought my JHP and 4595 for trunk guns.

·
Premium Member
35,751 Posts
Ease of breaking down is a hard thing to quantify.

You really don't break them down, you simply swab them out. The company says brush out the bore every 300-400 rounds, and disassemble the gun after about 1500 for more thorough cleaning. It seems to work.

But you never really need to break it down like an AR or AK; unless you are repairing something, or just enjoy messing with the fiddly bits.:)

When you DO break it down, it is a simple process, involving a 5/16 wrench and a 3/32 allen wrench, IIRC; and a punch or two for more serious disassembly; unless you have the new models with the receiver cover clips, in which case the allen wrench and punches are all you need.

This is my 995 target at 25 yards, standing unsupported, with a red dot reflex, using two types of ammo. My 4595 will shoot just as well, but I never bothered taking a picture of the target, I just take it for granted that my carbines will shoot well. At 50 yards, you could expect that group to be twice as big, so say under 5 inches. If I put it on rest, I am certain it would do better.

If you have the handgun, you simply MUST get the carbine. It is a ton of fun, and frankly, extremely practical as a truck gun. I keep the set in my truck, I have no doubt they will work, and I wouldn't feel so terrible about the loss if someone took them.:mad:

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NWK--

I have the 4595, too. Cleaning is easy. I watched a youtube vid for some tips. Accuracy at 50 yds is impeccable. At 100 yards, it still isn't too bad. Last Friday, I hit 4 hits out of 9 on an 11 x 17 target off-hand, 2nd round-- 5 hits, 3rd--8 hit's. At 50 yds, I couldn't miss the black. All off hand with the sling for support. I get in a hurry because I like to hear it go BANG!

With the mag holder and three loaded mags it comes to 9.4 lbs. Your pistol mags will fit it. I have not had a jam, FTF, or FTE, with Wolf, Tula, WWB, Blazer Brass, and Blazer alum. I took it from the box and shot about 300 rds from it.

I put a little longer sling on mine. I still used the 1.5" web. I'm not a scope guy, so it's iron sites. I bought my JHP and 4595 for trunk guns.
Thanks for the great info. i was wondering if my .45 handgun mags would fit it, i heard once they did not, and it left me scratching my head as to why, lol. Oh yea, im an irorn sights type myself, altho my .45 ACP does have the ghost ring sight on it.

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ease of breaking down is a hard thing to quantify.

You really don't break them down, you simply swab them out. The company says brush out the bore every 300-400 rounds, and disassemble the gun after about 1500 for more thorough cleaning. It seems to work.

But you never really need to break it down like an AR or AK; unless you are repairing something, or just enjoy messing with the fiddly bits.:)

When you DO break it down, it is a simple process, involving a 5/16 wrench and a 3/32 allen wrench, IIRC; and a punch or two for more serious disassembly; unless you have the new models with the receiver cover clips, in which case the allen wrench and punches are all you need.

This is my 995 target at 25 yards, standing unsupported, with a red dot reflex, using two types of ammo. My 4595 will shoot just as well, but I never bothered taking a picture of the target, I just take it for granted that my carbines will shoot well. At 50 yards, you could expect that group to be twice as big, so say under 5 inches. If I put it on rest, I am certain it would do better.

If you have the handgun, you simply MUST get the carbine. It is a ton of fun, and frankly, extremely practical as a truck gun. I keep the set in my truck, I have no doubt they will work, and I wouldn't feel so terrible about the loss if someone took them.:mad:
Thanks for the pertinent facts. Range and accuracy at a distance were of my main deciding factors. After pitting my .45 acp through its paces and shutting some folks up in the process, i stand by hi point. Beyond that, it is just a matter of it fitting into my personal collection, and i have a spot for a carbine, so why not look to hi point i figure.

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ This is good advice. ^
Yeah, i have heard nothing negative about the .45 carbine. Alot of reviews i seen left the reviewers shocked cause as bad as they wanted to undercut it, they admitted it was a good, sturdy firearm. The fact i have the same caliber handgun of course would make a pretty sweet pair, specially if the magazines are of an interchangeable fit.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Get the carbine NWK, you will love it. As showpare pointed out it uses the same mags as your JHP and of course ammo. The carbines are pretty trouble free, like Ajole said, swab and brush the breech area out with solvent and run a brush or patches down the bore and it's good to go. I don't have the 4595 but do have a 995 and 4095 and only strip mine down every 1000rds. The reason you can get by with this is because the guns don't have any tight fitting engaged or mated parts moving. Just as the pistol slides ride on and over the frame so do the carbine bolts. The first time I had a HP carbine apart I actually chuckled to myself... " how clever". Simple and inexpensive to produce and reliable of function. Yeah, you'll love a carbine.

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get the carbine NWK, you will love it. As showpare pointed out it uses the same mags as your JHP and of course ammo. The carbines are pretty trouble free, like Ajole said, swab and brush the breech area out with solvent and run a brush or patches down the bore and it's good to go. I don't have the 4595 but do have a 995 and 4095 and only strip mine down every 1000rds. The reason you can get by with this is because the guns don't have any tight fitting engaged or mated parts moving. Just as the pistol slides ride on and over the frame so do the carbine bolts. The first time I had a HP carbine apart I actually chuckled to myself... " how clever". Simple and inexpensive to produce and reliable of function. Yeah, you'll love a carbine.
Yeah, i have pretty much made my mind up now that im getting one (carbine) :cool: just got to see how patient i can be.....not much i dont think. Having the set is going ot be epic !

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Born Warrior
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts