Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a Hungarian Feg 9x18 Mak clone I have heard good things about them and want to expand my Evil Commie gun collection ADN its selling for 149.00
So chime in are they good pistols?
Is that a good price ?
Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
The PA-63 is a well made and very reliable handgun. I use one as a CCW. The most important thing to remember is to use only 90-95 grain loads. DO NOT use heavy bullet loads you will batter the frame in short order. Get on the wolf spring web site and order the recoil tamer spring kit. Many of the retired military or police pistols springs are getting a little weak. Mine feeds most any bullet shape but some people find that theirs only like round nose loads. I've had good luck with the Barnaul 93gr Hp loading and any Brown Bear 94gr round nose load.

Don't call your PA-63 a Makarov around a Mak collector they will give you an ear full.

Ron M.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive also seen some PA-63 barrels forsale on gun broker they are labled as 380 barrels? well crap here you look at them andtell me if you think this is a conversion or these guys are just too dumb to realize its suposed to be for a 9x18?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124155902

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Those may very well be .380 barrels, Mararov.com used to sell a 380 conversion barrel. I have an East German Mak. I converted to 380 and it works great. Right now you are better off staying with the 9x18. 380 has become hard to find a really expensive. You can get bulk 9mm Mak for 1/3 of 380.

Ron M.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its definately a go on this one and J&G has 500 rnds for 110.00 so ammo isnt that bad Ill just have to order it the local stuff is stupid expensive

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I consider it a very good pistol. I bought myself 2 and bought my son one when J&G had them for $99 each. I have since sold one of mine but will definitely keep the other. Ammo is only a bit more powerful than .380 but, again, it is cheap and plentiful. The last ammo I bought was Silver Bear JHP--500 for about $125 and I split it with my son. I found some Norinco for $10/box and bought a bunch but it's about all gone.

This is one that is inexpensive to buy, yet small, light and high quality enough for a dependable CCW. On top of that it's ammo is cheap enough to shoot it for fun.

·
Banned
453 Posts
Good guns. Not made for tons of shooting. They have a lot of snap on recoil. Very light, good for carry. Falco makes some nice leather shoulder rigs. Check your feedramp, most look like they were cut with a cheese grader (polish it). Get the wolf springs, they will help the heavy double action trigger pull. The sights suck. Try some cololred paint on the front sight.

Nice carry guns if you do a little tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I got it 149.00
Im ordering some ammo for it right now :D Stuffs 22.00 a box here :'(
Looking into a spring kit and grips for it
The trigger pull doesnt bother me I accually kinda like stiff triggers they make for safer weapons in my opinion.
The grips are goingto have to go though seems to me that communists would make weapons more ambidexterous.
Ill get pixx up tonight.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pixx as promised

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.