Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
First off...welcome to the fold my friend!! You won't find a better source for technical information in regards to all things Hi-Point.

But...

While I do not know where to find such a shroud from, might I just offer a word of caution. Any "Supressor" or "Supressor-like" attachments to your carbine could lead you into a world of trouble upon sight by a LEO. You see, such devices (at least in the Southwestern States and Canada) are Illegal, even if they really aren't one. And, if it's a solid shroud and a LEO who just happens to be in the vicinity where they can see your carbine sees a device that looks like a Supressor, they have reasonable cause to take the weapon and inspect it even if it's in your house (Upon sight, that often gives police reasonable cause to enter the building on the assumption of possession of an illegal weapon modification). They won't know it's not a real supressor until they tear into it, and by that time you've already gained the negative introduction by said cop.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, and by no means am I against increasing the look of a weapon (else I wouldn't be trying to brass plate an M44), but I'd hate to see a fashion accessory become cause for someone to get into alot of hot water.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
jesus this board if full of lawyers so afraid of every little thing.

Someone else on the board made one out of some aluminum.. do a search.

For the record real suppressors are legal if you get the tax stamp.
Just stating what he may encounter. This is the 21st century, and you have to take into account perception of the law as much as the wording. How many times have you seen a television report of a robbery and the reporter proclaims the criminal had "A Machine Gun" or "Automatic Handgun", when it's actually just a cheap Bryco 9mm.

Better to know and expect the worst than to be ignorant to what could occur.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.