Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at soft cases to get for the 995 carbine i'll be getting in 4 days, and i'm wondering what the dimensions of the gun are.
Pretty much all i'd need to know is how long the gun is from end to end. I could also use the overall length with the ATI stock on it, as I have one of those I'll probably put the 995 into.

So, yeah. tell me how long the 995 carbine is. Other dimensions would be cool too i guess.
Or to save me the trouble of sorting through cases that are rated by their external dimensions, show me what cases you guys are using. I'm looking for a simple soft case with pockets on the outside to hold ammo, boresnake, etc.
It would be cool if the inside had straps to hold the gun in place and places for extra mags too.
I'm babbling. End post.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? I found the other thread where someone suggested an Uncle Mike's Medium Tactical Rifle Case. I might go with that one and add inside velcro straps of my own to hold the gun in place.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Uncle Mikes tactical 33" soft case. I was surprised by the quality for the price. Fits my 995 with ati stock perfectly.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have an Uncle Mike's 34" (i think) soft case and its great! It easily fits my 995 with or without a bipod and either with my scope or my reddot in the case.

Oh, also with an ATI stock...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fantastic. I had just placed an order on CTD earlier today for a bipod and the tac case for the carbine i'll be getting in 3 days.
i already have an ati stock on hand as well lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know Im chiming in late here, but for the benefit of anyone else also looking for a case. I bought an ACE Case for mine and was tolf it was made especially for the High Point carbines, and I believe it as it fits like a glove.

Nice Nylon cloth exterior, heavy, firm foam Padding and a soft no snag liner.

$20 at the gun show, Made in St. Claire MO.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I made my own.
That's very cool. I've talked with my wife about sewing some gun gear, she's totally up for it. I'll be showing her your post here. :wink:

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
If you want the best hard case money can buy get a pelican case!! Lifetime no questions asked warranty ...even replaced one that took a full on blast from an IED in Iraq

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I'm looking to get a heavy duty sewing machine so I can do a better job. I have a source to get the material I used for the outside of my case for $8.00 a yard. It's mossy oak pattern canvas (felt backed) The inside quilt liner is just the cheap stuff from Wally world ($4.00 a yard). I can make 2 carbine cases with that. Roughly $10.00 a piece to make with heavy duty military surplus zipper.

I also can get the OD green nylon material (milspec) that is used on the military cots and ALICE packs pretty cheap.

Hopefully soon I am making a "scabbard" style case for my 995 that I can mount on my ALICE pack that serves as my BOB. I'll try to post pics when I get it done.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My one peeve with cases is that I want my gun to be in upright position when I carry it, but also have the handle closest to me when I open it. The options for that to work are to either open my cases by putting zipper side away from me and opening it toward me, or actually strapping the gun to that top half when opening.

OR . . . . have the handle on the side opposite the zipper, which would result in all the weight of the gun sitting on the zipper in carry. not a great idea either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts