Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa is considering a new conceal-carry weapon, and I've been talking to him about the C9. If there's someone in northeast Iowa who owns a C9 and would be willing to meet him at the range, he's got about 300 rounds of old 9mm you could shoot off. I think once he handles a C9, he'll be a bit more convinced about how good they are. He's mostly a blackpoweder and cowboy shooter, but I think he could be sold on the C9 pretty easy. Any ammo you guys don't shoot off you can keep! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
If nobody comes through for you, you should call local ranges and see if they have any that you can rent. One of the ones thats local to me has the C9 and JCP they rent out.
Hope it works out for you tho man.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure he'd like it too, once I can convince him the 9mm is better than .38 Special. He's got this impression of a 9mm as a sissy round.

Oh, and he says none of the ranges in the area (that he knows of) rent guns at all. If he needs more convincing, I guess I'll just have to get one myself and show him! 8)

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, he's got his .357 service revolver (Ruger Security Six) that is too bulky to carry about, and a Smith and Wesson model 36 he picked up for cheap because some fool cut the hammer short. He heard that a .38 Spl +p had the same stopping power as a .357 from someone, so he wants one of those, but his Model 36 won't take +p for long. I've been trying to tell him that 9mm +p is more powerful than .38 Spl +p, but he's got to do some more research. I figure that since the C9 can take +p or even +p+ (even though there's no SAAMI standard for +p+) he'd be better off with that.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
This sounds like a good excuse to pick up a C-9 for yourself! Let gramps try it and if he likes it sell it to him or keep it and he can get a new one or you could just give it to him as a early X-mas present for being a great grandpa. Lots of options! Now if he's going to CC it, he needs a stiff belt and a good holster or a shoulder holster. they are heavy. There's a ton of websites that have stoping power on them.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Where are you located? I'm in East Central Michigan. I would be willing to share the love that is the High Point C9 and the 995 to boot!!!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This sounds like a good excuse to pick up a C-9 for yourself! Let gramps try it and if he likes it sell it to him or keep it and he can get a new one or you could just give it to him as a early X-mas present for being a great grandpa. Lots of options! Now if he's going to CC it, he needs a stiff belt and a good holster or a shoulder holster. they are heavy. There's a ton of websites that have stoping power on them.
Yeah, but I can't buy a pistol from an FFL, since I'm 18... And I'm strapped for cash, since I'm headed to college...

@burbon - He's in Northeast Iowa, circa Mason City. Seems like a bit of a trek from east central Michigan, so I doubt it would work out. Thanks for the offer, though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.