lorcin 380 help

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by badkarma, Mar 5, 2008.

1. badkarma

badkarma Guest

So I have a POS lorcin.380 that just doesn’t want to fire. Of a full mag of 8 maybe 1 will fire, but all of the rounds will be hit buy the firing pin (all primers will have a dent on them).I have tried cheap (blazer) to expensive rounds with the same results So is it possible to grind the back of the pin so it will stick out a bit further in to the breach (maybe 1/16 more)

2. GrumpyDad

GrumpyDad Guest

I'm no gunsmith but it sounds like maybe an alignment problem. I would probably take it to a real gunsmith and see what they say about it b4 I would go grinding on it.

3. They must not be getting hit hard enough. Make sure the firing pin channel is super clean and deburred then lite oiled. See if you can try a new firing pin spring. Look for a schematic online. Maybe someone had it apart and its not back together correctly.

4. GrumpyDad

GrumpyDad Guest

That's what I was gettin at when I said it might be an alignment problem, that maybe someone had it apart or messed with something they did'nt know anything about. If it is a used firearm I would definently take it to a reputable gun shop.

5. badkarma

badkarma Guest

Thanks guys! I got it new and coated the pin chamber with gun grease. So maybe that was the problem. I let it sit in some hopper, and scrubbed the hell out of it, oiled it and put it back together and will give a report over the weekend.

6. Thats probably it. Most instructions you read will say never to use any oil at all in the firing pin chamber. Glock for instance specifies this. It should remain dry. The reason is the oil/grease could collect unburnt powder and other such debris and then gunk up and retard the firing pin. I have heard of something called 'dry lube' but I know nothing about it. It may be a good alternative.