Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread about a shooter stopped by a hunting rifle in Arkansas and went to post, oddly enough, this reply

This happened 2 months ago and if I hadn't just accidentally ran across it here I'd have never known about it. Almost like there's a conspiracy not to spread stories like this. Nah, couldn't be.

I tried to post that and got a message that I didn't have permission to view this thread, figured it got moved while I was posting and can't find it now.

·
Administrator
1,043 Posts
I would need the thread title to look for it. It may have been moved to an off topic section or may have been removed.
-Philip

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't remember the title, I searched and couldn't find it.Hit back on my browser and got a blank page. Just kind of odd.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be putting stories like that front and center, not burying them. We have enough problems with the mainstream media hiding stories like this, wouldn't expect it from a gun forum.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,026 Posts
Should be putting stories like that front and center, not burying them. We have enough problems with the mainstream media hiding stories like this, wouldn't expect it from a gun forum.
Read the rules. No politics or religion allowed on open sections.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
So pay to join and become a Premium Member.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Those are the rules and we do have a 2A section in the main forum. Our system has been running pretty smooth for over a decade.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a lot of people think the "good guy with a gun" is a myth, because they never see these stories. Warn members or delete posts if you have to but leave the main article and link up.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,026 Posts
There's a lot of people think the "good guy with a gun" is a myth, because they never see these stories. Warn members or delete posts if you have to but leave the main article and link up.
It is up. Several people have commented.

This has been explained to you. Already

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Again, our system has been working for a long time. Your complaint is that you can no longer see a post that you want to see and your solution is that I should arbitrarily censor other members posts to fit your agenda? That seems a bit hypocritical. The post is up and actively being discussed in the premium member section of the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,559 Posts
Yeah it's up, just in a place no one can see it, so what's the point? Guess , well nevermind.
It's up where the rules of the board require it to be posted and where those who actually support the website instead of expecting the rules to not apply to them and expect that they are entitled to have everything provided to them for free. There are costs associated with running this board and if you are as pro-2A as you'd like us to believe, you would support this board so that it can continue to serve the 2A and HiPoint community. If you don't like it.... feel free to move on.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
OR he could write an article and get his membership for free as an author. He could even write an article on his feelings about the 2A and the MSM burying the stories that help gun owners and how firearms forums need to step up their game promoting their dissemination. As long as it isn't a political hit piece or an epithet filled diatribe and promotes a substantive, thought provoking, and educated conversation about said topic I'll run it up to the top of the flagpole in the forward facing area of our forum and sticky it for all to see...

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
OR he could write an article and get his membership for free as an author. He could even write an article on his feelings about the 2A and the MSM burying the stories that help gun owners and how firearms forums need to step up their game promoting their dissemination. As long as it isn't a political hit piece or an epithet filled diatribe and promotes a substantive, thought provoking, and educated conversation about said topic I'll run it up to the top of the flagpole in the forward facing area of our forum and sticky it for all to see...
Now let's just see if he is willing to do that. It would accomplish every thing he seems to be demanding here.

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not aware I was demanding anything. Wow, the way you fellers are treating me sure does make me want to support this site though.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
I'm not aware I was demanding anything. Wow, the way you fellers are treating me sure does make me want to support this site though.
They're just defending the place. How would you feel if somebody you didn't know walked in and started complaining about the way your living room was arranged then tried to throw their Feng Shui in to it?

I don't have a problem with you voicing an opinion on the layout of the forum. We're a member driven system. Just be prepared to deal with a little kickback if your ideas aren't well received.

We have an established system that's been working for a very long time. It has kept all of our various owners happy, doesn't require as much censorship of our members, and doesn't violate any of the safe search requirements for the major search engines.

We're a gun forum. We're already on the radar of the alphabet agencies. The media conglomerate that owns us has come down from the mountain and drawn their version of the line we can't cross. So here we are...

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imagine you were in a coma for nine years and woke up and they'd already feng shui'ed the house.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts