Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean from the shooters standpoint.

I took my newly acquired 995 out and shot it....its like shooting a .22. Doesn't even ring the ear. (yeah im bad...i wear eye but not ear protection sometimes.)

Then I took my ruger .45 ACP......MY GOD....ITS LIKE SOMEONE FIRED A NUCLEAR MISSILE IN MY EAR. lol It rang like a mofo first shot..then pretty much deafened me for the most part for the last 7. So I went and got my 30-30 rifle with some deer rounds. Shot it....not bad. In between the 9mm and the .45.....but geez that .45..... :cantlook:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mosin m44...definitely. When I took it to the place where I shoot, and shot it, some other guys that were shooting there said "Gah! What did you shoot?! A cannon?!"

It made me :D

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
AKM pistol, Hungarian AMD 65 kit on a Tapco bent flat, original bbl length. Even if you miss at close range, the fireball out the muzzle will roast them. Some people have made AKM pistols in the 3-4" bbl range, I can only imagine but they probably have to have their fillings reset every 30 shots or so. No knuckle hair on their support hand either.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol cool cool

I did use to shoot a british 303 but it wasnt that bad either. Id hate to get a hold of some of the ones you guys shot.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I think it was either my or my SIL's .45 I fired once without ear protection, yeah it was LOUD. This thread brings up a good point though, while ear protection is prudent and should be worn on a regular basis I think, in my mind anyway, it might be smart to fire a few rounds occasionally without it. I think the noise makes one flinch as much as any real recoil does and the BG isn't going to come at you while you have all your ppe on so it seems smart to me to acclimate yourself to the actually noise of firing some rounds without ear protection (in moderation)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it was either my or my SIL's .45 I fired once without ear protection, yeah it was LOUD. This thread brings up a good point though, while ear protection is prudent and should be worn on a regular basis I think, in my mind anyway, it might be smart to fire a few rounds occasionally without it. I think the noise makes one flinch as much as any real recoil does and the BG isn't going to come at you while you have all your ppe on so it seems smart to me to acclimate yourself to the actually noise of firing some rounds without ear protection (in moderation)
thats true and went through my mind as well. The sound is as much if not more of a shock to the senses as the recoil. You wont have time to get ear protection in a SHTF situation where seconds count....and you dont want to miss.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
AR-15 in XM-177 configuration a 11.5 inch barrel (5.5 inch flash hider). It's worse than a 308 or 30-06 hunting rifle. Very loud and high pitched. I wouldn't dare to shoot it with out hearing protection.

Ron M.

·
Registered
398 Posts
A Mosin is by far the loudest firearm I have shot. I do have a Steyr M-95 and a Mauser but have yet to fire them.
My .44 Mag was pretty loud..but the Mosin is a sonic boom complete with concussion.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
My M-44, as the short barrel makes up for having less powder than the 30-06.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
That would be my counter bored M38 shooting the old nasty stuff.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Either my Mauser or my M44.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
M44.

I will say, that having a gun even kinda sorta pointed in your direction when it goes off changes how you feel about the noise it makes. On a deer drive as I was pushing toward my brother in law's tree-stand I apparently kicked one loose without knowing it. I wasn't dead sure that Wes saw me moving in his direction so when that 12GA went off I dove behind a tree. I was probably 20 yards away and maybe 30 degrees off from where he was aiming but daaamn that gun sounds intimidating on that end of the muzzle!!!

-'b

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Desert Eagle .50 AE

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Professional Ordnance Carbon-15 rifle. The thing weighs barely 4 pounds, not alot of substance to that Carbon 15 material, and there's a noticable gap between the upper and lower receiver. My neighbor up the road claims it sounds like a lightning strike close by, but I think he exaggerates just a bit.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
for sheer boom and noise, a tie between any of my Mosin Nagant M38's shooting heavy ball ammo and any one of my M95 carbines

For high pitched ear popping, ringing and uncomfortable, eithr my Rossi 352 .38 with +P ammo or my XD45 Tactical with +P+ Georgia Arms ammo

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.