Lounge Description?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by unclerob, Feb 21, 2008.

1. unclerob

unclerob Member

To all HPFF Staff.

Primal Seal wrote:
    "If you read the description of The Lounge, it's for non gun related topics, nothing but friends, shooting the breeze. Let's keep it that way, shall we?"

I read the description. It says:
    "Just shoot the breeze....Nothing but Friends Here! No Gun Questions Please"

Please Clarify. Is it, No Gun QUESTIONS or No Gun Related TOPICS?

We need to know, as there are always many gun related topics in the lounge.

Thanks for your help.

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

A mystery of life! We may never know the answer it varies from day to day and who is posting it

3. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

It's pretty straight forward if you ask me... If it contains the any of the following topics it's no-post: Legislation, Acts of congress, Bills in general, elections, Barbara Streisand, or Government.
    What i get confused about is the "lounge" and the "general hipoint discussion" threads, I thought that the "general hi point discussion" thread was for general discussion of hi points (period) , however, I later learned that a lot of folks post what i considered "lounge material" in the hi point general discussion thread. It wasn't until about a month ago that i ever browsed the hi point general discussion threads because i thought it was all about hi points, I was wrong. Upon further reading on the history of HPFF, the hi point general discussion thread USED TO BE THE "LOUNGE" type thread, until the "Lounge" thread was created. Go figure on that one...

4. I tend to think "no gun questions" means like, hey my guns this, why is gun so ans so and how fix gun. (bad grammar intended). But yet, If it's something that involves guns cause a gun was there when you were doing that something, but it's not about the gun, then it's all good. That is just my guess. It might not sound like I'm making sense, but it makes sense in my head.

5. To me its hard not to talk about guns because that is why we all come to the forum. Sure, we may make friends and BS about our lives and such, but still the basis of the friendships are gun related.

Its kind of like talking about reloading without talking about specific loads, because that is part of reloading. (Not that I have a problem with that rule, but I hope you see what I mean)

Of course I could start telling some of my old Army stories, but then EVERYBODY would want to change the subject and talk about guns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I think the descriptions and/or rules are open to the interpretation of whomever happens to be "enforcing" them at the time...