Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a C9 at the local pawn for $100. It looks and feels like it had never been shot so it finally took it out today and got some lead down range. Had a blast with it. My first 8 were pretty bad because the sights were obviously not lined up. I did a little field work on them and put the next 8 in a nice tight group. My buddy was shooting an old .22 "hollywood gun" and couldnt believe how much better, and louder, the C9 was then his little plinker. After i put about 3 mags down range i let my buddy try and after his 3rd shot it jammed. I took it back and finished the mag and about 2 others with no problems. I guess it was just bad luck for my buddy because i have had no problems!

Any suggestions on mods and maybe a holster?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Congratulations! I like my C9 alot also. I'd be willing to bet your friend "limp wristed" your pistol and caused the jam. I got an Uncle Mike's holster for mine, sorry but I don't remember which #.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Coulda been a Uncle Mikes #16

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could have been that he "limp wristed" it.

I am not sure what my next HP purchase will be. I am really looking to pick up an auto loader 12 gauge. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
For my C9, I use a Fobus Model HP2 paddle holster. I use my C9 as my primary (and only, for the time being) concealed carry piece. The Fobus is awesome. I can't praise it highly enough. I just wear it under a long T, polo, or button-up shirt.

When I need to conceal deeper, I use a BLACKHAWK! size 6 IWB. I prefer the BLACKHAWK! over the Uncle Mike's. The belt clip on the BLACKHAWK! is situated higher, and therefore situated higher on the gun, preventing the gun from "flipping-out" when I sit, squat, or bend. That was always an issue for me with the Uncle Mike's.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Congrats to you! My vote is limpwristing too. Maybe you can suggest some exercises for your buddy - they always appreciate that sort of input :devilsidesmile: :D

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Sounded sorta crazy when I first read it but I tried Lelands suggestion today and got a Crossman air pistol holster from wally world. Figgured 6.85, what the heck. It actually fit the C9 very well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been looking at some holsters and only found an Uncle Mikes 15 so far. I might have to try another wally world and see if they have an air pistol holster but i would prefer a real gun holster.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Think compared to the Uncle Mikes 15 you'll see that it is a real gun holster. Not a whole lot of difference between the two to my eye 'cept one is 6 clams the other is 25 clams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts