Loving my Hi Point 995TS!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Telehillsdale, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Telehillsdale

Telehillsdale Member

I've put about 700 rounds through it so far and love it! I let my buddy shoot it and a couple other people at the range and everyone who picks it up just loves shooting it. It was more than 2" off out of the box and took a little effort to get the iron sights zeroed - the rear sight is adjusted way left now so I think the front sight needs to be aligned better. But, as of yesterdays two hours at the range I am getting 1.5 MOA consistently at 25 yards at a bench so who's complaining!? I just put a Bushnell TRS25 red dot on it this morning and can't wait to go try it now. BTW, the TRS25 is insanely good for the price. I cannot say enough good things about this sight. My ultimate goal with the 995TS and this sight is 3 MOA at 100 yards. There are three Buffalo Bore's and one Double Tap +P that ballistically on paper will get me to my goal. I look forward to this challenge and will keep you all posted. Hi Point - you have a winner with the 995TS! I totally understand pug and bull dog owners now though :)

2. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Great to hear your loving you're TS. They are great carbines no matter the size (well maybe not the 3895 :stir: ) but anyway, at 75 yards it's definitely doable, at least with me.

The TRS25 is a great sight, especially for the money. Keep us up to date.

Oh and by the way :welcome: !

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    LOL, now I get your last sentence...

GunLover has a PUG, and HISTED has a, ermmm, IS A BULLDOG!
    Here's a pic of 'TED!

Attached Files:

4. B_Cassidy

B_Cassidy Member

Them's fightin' words. The derpy 380 is like a 22 that launches big, fat bullets.

5. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Derpy? Gonna' have to Google that one! :what:

6. sarahsmom

Googled it. Wish I hadn't of. My little pony? :what::eek:

7. B_Cassidy

B_Cassidy Member

I was going for the urban dictionary usage but knowing the term has be co-opted by bronies could ruin it for me. :wah:

8. Visper

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure our resident "brony" will be along soon!!!

9. Derpy? As in Derpy wants muffins?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2017
  10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

There goes 2:14 of my life I'll never get back...............

11. I take it you never had kids? It coulda been worse -a LOT worse- like a certain purple dinosaur. :eeksign:

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Exactly. I raised a little one from 2-7 we didn't have cable. When she did the behiour problems came from cartoon network, RugRats etc. And look what they teach the kids.No muffin? Go postal! :rolleyes:

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ADAM is not "usually" our resident Brony...
    That would be BSCAR :rofl:

14. Visper

Noooo... flashbacks of the "song"...

15. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

I can tell you this about your goal at 100 yards. Screw those ballistic tables. To me they don't mean crap. Last year I experimented with a few different brands of ammo
    at 100yards on the range. Two different 995TS carbines. No fancy expensive ammo like some charts indicate.

Here are a couple of targets on 9" paper plates. Center circle of the plates is 5"
    Ammo brand is on the targets.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

S&B 115 was pretty good also.

Our vastly favorite for both 995TS, Winchester Nato when you can find it and only when on a big sale. We buy cases of 500 rounds.

Wife and I shoot from a bench with only a front rifle rest. Standard Ghost Ring sights. The first pic above is one of her groups. Second one was mine. I posted more info on this but cannot remember which thread it was awhile back. (Mole, help!)

16. sarahsmom

-----------------

17. sarahsmom

I am thankful my daughter's favorite was Elmo! Elmo cool! :cool: