LRHO Question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by wingman, May 4, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Member

I have an almost new 995 TS that I have shot about 200 rounds thru. The LRHO only works about half the time. I do not consider this a big deal, but I wonder if there is something simple I can do to make it work all the time. Thanks!

2. what_now

what_now Member

Do you only have 1 magazine? It is most likely the magazine follower has been bent or lost it's shape over time. The follower pushes the LRHO up and engages it. Best bet is to call MoM and ask for a new magazine follower or buy a new magazine.

3. wingman

wingman Member

Thanks. I did not consider the magazine. I have two others to try. I appreciate your reply.

4. james45

james45 Member

I finally got a 995ts this winter and my lrho would not lock back.It was a bit frustrating because I couldn't figure it out and I've successfully serviced or smith my hi-point pistols through the years but the carbine was new to me.I finally got it too work flawlessly 100%,the lrho spring was installed incorrectly and removing and installing it correctly fixed the problem for me.Before the fix it would lock in partially or not at all,it goes up all the way now.

5. wingman

wingman Member

Thanks, I will check that also.