Lucid HD7 for HP Carbines?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by drscot, Jan 5, 2015.

1. drscot

drscot Member

My 4095TS is a "trunk gun". I don't want to worry about it getting knocked out of zero when I need it. The Bushnell TRS-25 left a lot to be desired so I returned it. Does anybody have any experience with the Lucid on their carbine? I have swapped out the top rail with an aluminum Picatinny style and my front and rear sights with AR style iron sights for co-witness capability. Is the Lucid HD7 as rugged and reliable as it is said to be? I hate to spend as much on a red dot ($189) as the carbine almost cost but will if I am getting my money's worth.

Thanks guys.

drscot

2. The Lucid's have very good reviews and I wouldn't be afraid to try one. I just don't like the ACOG style. Nowadays, the battery life in some RDs leave a lot to be desired.

There's also Primary Arms and HoloSun for cheap, quality Red Dots and they also have very good reviews, and something they have over many other RDs is the battery life of a Aimpoint.

They have been compared to the Aimpoint H1 and T1 for looks, but made for a poor man.

50,000hrs is a lot, and they also having automatic timed "off" with automatic "on" with just picking up the gun it's mounted on, makes for even longer battery life.

100feet of waterproof, solid click adjustments, and lots of youtube reviews also shows that folks are beginning to take notice that cheap prices can actually give quality product.

For one review they strapped a PA Micro onto a AK74 and gave that scope "holy terror" for any scope. When all was said and done, the scope had a broken lens, but scope was still functioning and shot POI that it was set up for.

For my SHTF AR15 I went for a HoloSun "Micro" w/2mm dot w/lowest 2 settings reserved for NV if you have the capability.

HoloSun also makes the scopes for Primary Arms. Site says, scopes are military grade without the price. I believe them. They're built strong and are truly "waterproof". I tested mine when I first got it. I filled a bowl of water and submerged the scope for over 30 minutes and it was dry inside when test was done.
    They go for $150 to $250 for chosen model.

3. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

I've got both the Lucid HD7 II and the Vortex Strikefire gen II and they're really good red dot optics but I like the vortex strikefire better

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

If it's just supposed to be a trunk gun, why not stick with irons?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

5. USMC_VET

Maybe some people like better accuracy !!

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    [​IMG]

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Haha. Fair enough. :)

(Mobile)

8. This guy could see a gnat on a coyote's arse at 400yds.

We don't need no stinkin' irons.

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Looks like bubbles brother!.... ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1420660150.448721.jpg

10. USMC_VET

For those who are interested in the Lucid HD7 it is a really nice optic and the reticle is comparable to a Trijjicon and just the overall appearance and function

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Bull

Lol...... Pixie action too!

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. Bull

Wish we were about 10 hours closer..... I'd love to spend time at the house of pain!

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Maybe you can visit sometime. :)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

16. Bull

Definitely be an ass whoopin I'd take with a smile!

17. drscot

drscot Member

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. I opted for the Lucid HD7 and can give you my 2 cents as soon as it warms up outside (I'm a cold wimp, but love the heat!). Appreciate all the helpful input.