Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a new gun in the display case at the LGS this evening. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0. It was chambered in 10mm. Interesting, but felt pretty light in the hand for a 10mm pistol. I do imagine you know it when you touch off a 10mm cartridge in the pistol.

Do I need to add it to my collection? I don’t really think so. Anybody want to try and talk me into it?
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: Bull

·
Just a Man
14,271 Posts
Saw a new gun in the display case at the LGS this evening. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0. It was chambered in 10mm. Interesting, but felt pretty light in the hand for a 10mm pistol. I do imagine you know it when you touch off a 10mm cartridge in the pistol.

Do I need to add it to my collection? I don’t really think so. Anybody want to try and talk me into it?
View attachment 75893
I've got the smaller M&P Shield. 45ACP. It's really not that bad at all to shoot. Can't imagine the 10MM being awful in a full size frame.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
No need or desire for a 10 here. You'll have to enable your self this time, greg😁

Reactions: FlashBang

·
Super Moderator
25,928 Posts
That's all I carry is a G20...

There's no "need" for any specific caliber. It's all about want. If you want it, get it. If your answer to "why don't you have a 10mm in your collection," is because you don't need it, then why do you need any of the other ones?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would buy it but I've been a fan from day one. I bought a colt delta elite that I have seance gotten rid of (biggest mistake of my life). some day I'll get another one. Just bought a 10mm hipoint pcc nov 2021and love it. Just installed a bullpup kit but yet to shot it, hope to this weekend.
If I wasn't disabled and could work and afford another colt I would buy it in a second. So if you don't buy this one for yourself can you buy it for me. Please

·
Just a Man
14,271 Posts

There's no "need" for any specific caliber. It's all about want. If you want it, get it. If your answer to "why don't you have a 10mm in your collection," is because you don't need it, then why do you need any of the other ones?
10MM still on my short list. But I don't have one for the same reason I don't have a .45LC, scarce, higher priced ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts

Did You and Kirk switch roles without telling me? See if I can answer this....Nope, not gonna go there. Guess what I was thinking is that a 10mm is a hunting caliber - or SD against 300# marines. I can't hunt with a semi pistol in PA and the only 300# marine I know lives several hundred miles away. .44 mag revolver for hunting and armored vehicles, 9mm and/or .45 ACP for SD against normal people and ,22LR for small game. So, no need or desire. To each his (or her) own.

• Haha
Reactions: RACHGIER

·
Super Moderator
25,928 Posts
Did You and Kirk switch roles without telling me? See if I can answer this....Nope, not gonna go there. Guess what I was thinking is that a 10mm is a hunting caliber - or SD against 300# marines. I can't hunt with a semi pistol in PA and the only 300# marine I know lives several hundred miles away. .44 mag revolver for hunting and armored vehicles, 9mm and/or .45 ACP for SD against normal people and ,22LR for small game. So, no need or desire. To each his (or her) own.
This is what happens when people cry about my normal, "GFY" attitude.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,175 Posts
10mm's are nice. I have one but only one. Only reason I wouldn't get one now (if I didn't have one) would be because it's in a caliber I do not own. I think if I added another caliber my floor would collapse...

It is a nice pistol though Greg, if I was going to get another 10mm it would be that s&w or a Tanfoglio:

But the S&W is a little easier on the wallet.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,013 Posts
If I didn't have the EEA Witness in 10mm I would jump on this gun. I like the M&P. My EEA is all steel and a joy to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am actually doing well with the 9mm for social work, although I still have a strong hankering for the 30 Super Carry. And despite my regulating the 38 spl and 45 acp to secondary, they still show up in my carry regularly.

I consider the 10mm a hunting cartridge, and my needs are met there by the Ruger SBH in 44 magnum.

The strongest reason that I can think of to get the Smith & Wesson 10mm is that I am a disciple of Col. Jeff Cooper and he did advocate for the 10mm, but he housed it in the Bren Ten.

had it been the Bren Ten (or even @moona11 EAA Witness) I would of been more inclined to buy it1

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

Reactions: moona11

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
I'm waiting for the 11mm..............it's one more than ten now idin't it?

·
Super Moderator
9,614 Posts
Saw a new gun in the display case at the LGS this evening. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0. It was chambered in 10mm. <snip> Anybody want to try and talk me into it?
It's not a Ruger, so nope.

·
Premium Member
22,082 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: moona11

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,771 Posts
I've eyeballed a few really close. I'll have one eventually
LOL
My local lineman buddy, he reminds me so much of you, he has a 45 "long" Colt revolver, he's seeking ammo for that.
He's IBEW lu1393, just a few months younger than me. Quite the firearms enthusiast as well! Very traditional like you.

10mm's are nice. I have one but only one. Only reason I wouldn't get one now (if I didn't have one) would be because it's in a caliber I do not own. I think if I added another caliber my floor would collapse...

It is a nice pistol though Greg, if I was going to get another 10mm it would be that s&w or a Tanfoglio:

But the S&W is a little easier on the wallet.
Witness Hunter, or don't bother. 6" barrel o_O
But, Bring your Wallet! And extra mags were almost IMPOSSIBLE to find.
All I could find were ones of same capacity, "supposedly same mag" but
no one online could verify for sure. Wild...

I'm waiting for the 11mm..............it's one more than ten now idin't it?
11mm is ~.433" which is just over .429" which is 44 Magnum,
a 44SAM (semi-auto magnum?) would be an awesome handgun 💖

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,175 Posts
Witness Hunter, or don't bother. 6" barrel o_O
But, Bring your Wallet! And extra mags were almost IMPOSSIBLE to find.
All I could find were ones of same capacity, "supposedly same mag" but
no one online could verify for sure. Wild...
Yeah those are very nice, but biggest issue for me are the mags like you said. Not like its much better for the defiant lol.
Gun barrel Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Composite material

It is sexy though!!

The Hunter is 45 acp only?

This thread was about a 10mm and the only one I would get IF I found a deal would be the Defiant. They go for $1300-1500 and that is steep. Not as steep as an Arsenal AF-1 (9mm I know...) but still.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts