Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a new gun in the display case at the LGS this evening. Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0. It was chambered in 10mm. Interesting, but felt pretty light in the hand for a 10mm pistol. I do imagine you know it when you touch off a 10mm cartridge in the pistol.

Do I need to add it to my collection? I don’t really think so. Anybody want to try and talk me into it?
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: Bull

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am actually doing well with the 9mm for social work, although I still have a strong hankering for the 30 Super Carry. And despite my regulating the 38 spl and 45 acp to secondary, they still show up in my carry regularly.

I consider the 10mm a hunting cartridge, and my needs are met there by the Ruger SBH in 44 magnum.

The strongest reason that I can think of to get the Smith & Wesson 10mm is that I am a disciple of Col. Jeff Cooper and he did advocate for the 10mm, but he housed it in the Bren Ten.

had it been the Bren Ten (or even @moona11 EAA Witness) I would of been more inclined to buy it1

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If I saw one, I’d probably sell my Glock and buy it. Could even be persuaded to trade the Glock in, for the right deal. Which normally the trade in isn’t….but maybe?

It’s got almost everything going for it. Good trigger, 15+1, with or without thumb safety. But the long barrel is 4.6” vs 4” for the other one.

But seriously. Optic cut slide and $650 MSRP? Buy it.
It is a nice pistol. And I like the cartridge. Just really do not see a use for it. I look at the 10mm as a hunting cartridge, a role that is fulfilled for me by my SBH 44 magnum.

….but keep on, your post has got me thinking.

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Or maybe in a full size 1911, as the only other caliber somewhat acceptable in a 1911 besides 45 acp is 10mm, lol.
I would love a 1911 in 10mm. Just think that full power 10mm is a bit too hot for the platform. The 10mm has a reputation for cracking 1911 slides and chewing up 1911 guide rods. As noted I am a disciple of Col. Jeff Cooper. He was a devotee of the 1911 and had some hand in the development of the 10mm, but I don’t really think he intended for the cartridge in the 1911 platform. Those I know who shoot 10mm 1911’s rely mostly on moderate reloads in the cartridge. Only sparingly shoot full power loads.

On the other hand - most of my info is old stuff. Things change, and I understand things have gotten somewhat better. The Ruger SR1911 Target is supposed to be a good one.

As far as cartridges for the 1911 platform. 38 Super and 45 acp. BTW, the 45 is an 11 mm. ;) But the 10 mm has somehow edged its way in there and seems to be at least somewhat accepted.

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
In fact, I was trying to order a Delta Elite
Delta Elite had a bunch of cracked slides when they first came out. I understand they have modified the slide with a relief cut to fix the problem.

Reactions: undeRGRound
1 - 5 of 5 Posts