My first M1,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    first trip out shooting 4" clays at 100 yds, no issues. Shoots like a cadilac.

2. Beatiful gun. Congrats!

3. Really, really fine! Who's the manufacturer, assuming it's stamped with the name of one of the many US firms who sidetracked into weapons manufacture during the war?

The firm for which I've worked for thirty years built them, and I hope to find one of theirs, one of these days, for sentimental purposes.

4. Oh so nice, you make me want one

5. Sweet... new manufacture, or milsurp?

6. Ari

Ari Guest

Wow that is a real score! Very very nice! I need one bad...

7. duker_sponk

duker_sponk Guest

Oh Man! You are a lucky dude! Nice gun. Like everyone else, I drool over the M1 Carbine.

8. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

First?! ah man you jerk... you guys are so mean to us poor people. the most I ever spent on a gun was $200.

oh yeah and congratulations on your gun. :roll: jk

9. That's nice. I need one of those myself.

10. mjpatrick

mjpatrick Guest

M4 bayonet,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Okay, and the story of this gun. It is entirely USGI parts all marked, single spring configuration, from underwood and winchester scovill mfg co made the sling, the stock is stamped sep 19, 1953 however, and the reciever says universal. It is two hole reiever with the proof "IS" or "SI" it appears it was a reciever built and ready for GI but never made it. I am still investigating. Case stripper clips and bandoler pics to follow.....................

11. Geezus, you really made out then!

12. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

the early universal guns were ok because they were made uf mostly USGI parts. Later model universal carbines were usually of poor quality and some were dangerous to shoot. Here is a link to a writeup of the history of universal carbines

http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/carbine_universal.html

13. I am so jealous I can't freakin' speak right now.... WOW!!! I am all choked up, for real.... Wow!

14. Beautiful. dang - I too, am jealous!