MA passes new gun laws.

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by ArmyScout, Aug 14, 2014.

1. so what is the criteria for being refused a permit?

This is not going to save one life or one injury

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That's the $64,000 question, isn't it?

It could. If administered properly. But I doubt that will happen.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    IL has the FOID. It is nothing more than a background check, but instead of the Feds doing it, the IL State Police do it. How similar it is to the Fed check, I have no idea.

4. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Stopped reading after I saw the word "loophole" and saw the infamous 40% figure. Thought it was a Bloomberg article. But MSNBC is about the same right?

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I like the ability of FFLs to access criminal data. I would like the ability to check a DL via a portal, to see if my private sale is to or from a criminal.

But that's a lot of public access to private data.:(

As to the denial of rights to those who pose a threat...I'm with the rest of the guys saying define that. I personally have been essentially identified as a threat by the president' cronies and media, being a white male pro-constitution ex-military person with a generally conservative ideology. So...if the theoretical liberal leader of the local police decides he doesn't like me, do I get denied?

Lots of slippery slope in this legislation. And lots of gearing up for political aims, too, IMHO.

6. gotcox

gotcox Member

I think your on the right track dude. Military vets will soon all be classified as mental cases because of ptsd and there rights to have arms will start to come under fire more.

In my opinion the government allready has the ability to disarm us all. All they have to do is make you a criminal. How hard is that? Not hard at all. Just like the rifle and magazine bans in Colorado the changed law abiding citizens into criminals in one law change. If they can't make you a criminal with new stupid laws then they will claim your mentally unstable. It is not a tin foil conspiracy it is happening right now is states across the us. From judges claiming guns are not normal to be owned to laws being passed for mental health standards. Sad stuff.

7. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

And, if you've never suffered PTSD?

eldar

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You're still a "Trained Killer" and, if you've mustered out, you're not currently on a leash...

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

My guess is the liberal psychiatric definition of PTSD will be attached to any and all veterans, regardless of their actual mental makeup.

10. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

LOL!

I served in the Navy!

As a spook!

eldar

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The first rule of Fight Club...

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Oooopppsss!

I meant to say 'snipe'...

;)

eldar

13. gotcox

gotcox Member

I don't know how it will all go down or the specifics of it all. I can just see the bigger picture of it all happening. Will it be an evaluation on a person per person basis...uhh i doubt it. The government doesn't really do that for anything. Even taxes are set out for brackets of people/income not each persons ability to pay them.

So i would guess as soon as the first group of veterans fight back against the BS they are pulling all over the country, no matter the fight and no matter who is right, they will move on you all as a whole. Because the fastest way to win a fight is to disarm your enemy so he can't fight back. And don't forget as soon as it happens the media will be right behind them making all our HERO's, and yes i feel every one of you men and women that signed on that dotted line are a hero, out to be dangerous, mentally unstable, ptsd effected terrorists.

Many made those comments and went that way after the Bundy Ranch stuff. Senator Reid straight called all those who showed up in support of Bundy Domestic Terrorists.

14. I can only imagine the actual dialog when the colonies decided to draft the Declaration of Independence. Many of those brave souls risked it all to oppose the king.

15. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

If you think you don't have ptsd then you definitely have it.

16. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

You have to have served in Combat or some other very stressful situation to have PTSD.

eldar

17. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Actually PTSD can be caused by other reasons than combat. I have a good friend who became a fire fighter and then went into criminal fire investigation. He witnessed some horrendous scenes after fires. He has suffered from PTSD for over 30 yrs. He is now retired but still taking medication for it.
    Source: Wikipedia

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'm more likely to experience PTSD from teaching than from being a military diesel mechanic.:p

19. shepherd321

shepherd321 Supporting Member

Hopefully everyone can see the danger in this. All that has to happen is some political doctor makes up a mental condition to brand people gunless.