Machete Man VS .380 HP

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Mar 8, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I think this is real

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt9s02dlLvY[/ame]

2. Rerun

Rerun Member

A better door could have kept him out, better aiming could have lessoned the pain , both mental and physical.

eldar

3. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I guess when you rent you can't pic the construction of your abode.

4. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    The video was probably actual, but the door raises some doubt. Looks almost like a prop door? Even if I rented, I would have gotten permission to replace the door, or moved to somewhere else. Using locks on a door that flimsy is like having tits on a Boar.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It was an interior door. Closet/Bedroom. These are often two sheets of veneer on a pinewood frame.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if someone cut corners and replaced an entry way door to an apartment with the cheapest available door.

But, frankly, even if it were a better door, it probably would still have failed. They usually fail at the door frame. Most home exterior door frames aren't reinforced at the lock, never mind apartments.

This video may be a fake, but it's believable.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

My doors are. Anyone trying to breach will need to take the studs on both sides of the door. Double pack framing outside the cripple studs lag bolted together. A veritable 4 x 6 on each side of the door.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You may not be representative of the Average Bear. :D

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The scary part is I actually contemplated remote operated magnetic locks on the dog kennels in the garage to release the dogs in case of a break in.

9. The video is real, old but real. But I don't think the apt dweller has a Hi Point. Looks like a SD9 or SD40.

10. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    When the guy opened the door, it looked like it was an entrance door. There are three interior locks on that door. Who puts 3 locks on a closet/bedroom door??

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

A Contractor who cuts corners, looking for the cheapest "door" to put on the entrance to an apartment. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    some apartment building owners in high crime areas install the cheapest interior doors that they can find on the entrances of the apartments on purpose. The reasoning is that they know the apartment is going to be broken into and these doors will break away without damaging the door frame. That way they can quickly and cheaply replace the broken door without having to bring in real carpenters. The regular maintenance man can have it fixed in less than a hour. I know this because a buddy of mine used to be the maintenance guy at a place that did exactly that.

I'm not saying that I agree with that logic, just telling you that it happens.

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That looks like an apartment that has the bedrooms rented out separately.
    I would probably have shot a little earlier...and at his head too.
    Comes in wielding a machete..you're gonna get smoked son....

14. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

I sleep upstairs. My 170 pound, very powerful, very protective, loud barking, Great Dane freely roams the downstairs all night. I sleep very well. :):):)

He is 11 months old in this picture. He is 5 years old now and much larger.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  15. tomtull

tomtull Member

The best dog I ever owned was a Great Dane, a Harlequin just like that one:)

16. How many cases of dog food a day does it take to feed him?

17. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Depends on how many people break in.....

18. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Great Danes - gentle giants, yet very loyal and protective!