Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New gun owner here, and settled on an incredible deal for not one, but two HP pistols. A 45 and a 9mm Luger. I can't say I'm blown away by the construction or style, but am pleased with the quality I do see for the price I paid for them.

One selling point I noticed when I was on my search was, "These guns are 100% made in the US". Is that really a proper selling point these days? Are there enough major brands manufacturing most of their parts or even the entire gun elsewhere?

I'm more than happy to support my "local" workers/economy, but almost felt that pitch a bit unnecessary.

Am I wrong? Is it really a big deal that these are made entirely in the US? Just curious really. Looking forward to putting some rounds through these things.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't know anymore about all the hype about built and born in the USA, our country is not the leader it used to be, and anymore, just saying made in America doesn't get you the cheapest, or best made product.

I have served my country, bought American made, and defended all that is what we stand for but, it now seems as if our new Pres. can just whisk it all away into the wind. Enough said. Hi-Point is what it says...

All American made, and 100% guaranteed! I have two and have reaped the reward of their warranty! They are down to earth and very accommodating folks too!

Mt two cents for what it's worth..... ROCK ON!

·
Banned
401 Posts
I think your wrong, and yes, I consider "Made in America" to be an important selling point.

Dp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess a few minutes worth of searching would have answered my own question. According to one source, these are the only companies manufacturing pistols completely in the US:

American Derringer
Bond Arms
Charter Arms
Heritage Manufacturing
Hi-Point
Kel-Tec Inc
Ruger

Source: http://www.americansworking.com/guns.html

I had no idea so many guns are made outside the US.

G

·
exactly that is why it is so important to buy american if you buy american it creates jobs for americans, it has nothing to do on the quality of the product or the warranty offered. With unemployment rates through the roof I think now more than ever we as AMERICANS need to buy AMERICAN just to save or even create AMERICAN JOBS. PERIOD

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Depends on the confidence we place in the product. If we buy just to say we bought American and the product is inferior, then we don't accomplish a thing. Many smaller, homegrown companies (such as the manufacturer of HP) make a quality product at a fair price (something that benefits all Americans) and builds confidence.

G

·
thats crap anything you want to buy, you can find high quality product that are made right here in the good ole USA quality isn't the reason that people dont buy American they are cheep and they dont care that they are selling the younger generation down the river just to save a buck I would just as soon buy American and spend a little more to save or create a US job. It people like you and mind sets like your that put our economy in the situation that we are in.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
thats crap anything you want to buy, you can find high quality product that are made right here in the good ole USA quality isn't the reason that people dont buy American they are cheep and they dont care that they are selling the younger generation down the river just to save a buck I would just as soon buy American and spend a little more to save or create a US job. It people like you and mind sets like your that put our economy in the situation that we are in.
Are you talking to me?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Since you haven't replied, let me explain. It's simple economics. IF product "A" is going to cost you more to buy AND maintain then product "B", you're loosing money. It's just that simple. Product "A" could be made in Asia, Canada, or the USA. If it's an inferior product and you're going to loose money, why would you buy it?

My relatives (including myself) have worked at USA companies (UAW, mill workers, etc) so don't give me guff about my "mindset" or that I'm cheap. I'd rather buy here BUT I won't throw away my hard earned money if I know the product isn't worth the cost (wherever it's made).

G

·
MY POINT IS NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT TO BUY YOU CAN FIND A QUALITY AMERICAN PRODUCT, IT JUST THE LAZY CHEEP PEOPLE THAT JUST GO AND BUY WHAT EVER AND DONT DO THE RESEARCH THAT PISSES ME OFF. IF YOU DO THE RESEARCH YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING YOU WANT THAT IS HI QUALITY THAT IS AMERICAN MADE.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Go get PISSED off on someone else. I've made my point and it's a valid one. If you buy a product JUST BECAUSE it's made here and it's a lemon it's YOUR loss.

G

·
DUDE YOU HAVE TO BE ABOUT THE DUMBEST PERSON ON THIS FORUM, IF YOU READ WHAT I AM SAYING, IF YOU DO THE RESEARCH YOU CAN FIND A QUALITY PRODUCT MADE IN THE US NOT JUNK BUT QUALITY PEOPLE JUST DONT LIKE TO PAY FOR QUALITY. I GO BUY THE SAYING YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. BUT IF YOU DO THE RESEARCH YOU CAN FIND HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS PRODUCED RIGHT HERE IN THE USA.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
MY POINT IS NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT TO BUY YOU CAN FIND A QUALITY AMERICAN PRODUCT, IT JUST THE LAZY CHEEP PEOPLE THAT JUST GO AND BUY WHAT EVER AND DONT DO THE RESEARCH THAT PISSES ME OFF. IF YOU DO THE RESEARCH YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING YOU WANT THAT IS HI QUALITY THAT IS AMERICAN MADE.
What American made television set do you have?

G

·
THANKS FOR A WASTE OF SPACE ON THIS FORUM THIS HAS TO BE ABOUT THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. A forum is to talk about your views on a certain subject not to just post dumb arse pictures. again thanks for waste our time and sapce on this subject.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It wasn't a waste of space or time including the dumbest thing You have every seen. What was stupid was YOU calling someone on here "the dumbest person". This forum has "rules" in which EVERYONE should read first.
Everyone has Opinions whether they are correct or incorrect. Whether You like their Opinion or not. I know it is very hard to express opinions or suggestions on a keyboard when trying to get a point across (do we agree on that?) verses saying it in person, but come on...there is no need to "attack" someone else. I had someone on here attack me because They didn't agree or like what I gave for an answer. It was not the answer they wanted to hear. Maybe I hurt their ego? The other eight or so people agreed with him. You know, big deal, so what. I said what I said. It didn't ruin My day at all. That's what this forum is all about....giving Opinons and Suggestions.....helping. Not critisizing someone elses comments to the point where they are attacked.
Some people on here need to reread the Forum rules again. And no, I'm not the Forum Police. You can just tell who are the Adults and children on here.
Stay Kool!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
wtroutoutdoors has been suspended for bad behavior.....

Personal attacks such as this are not tolerated on HPFF. As suggested in the above post, read the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for our forum before posting. It would have saved you alot of time and possibly saved your reputation.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Now that all that has been said, I do think "Made in America" is very important, I think you should buy things that are made here in the USA, however, you should realize there are jobs in America but the companies are not... Like Nissan, toyota, honda etc.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Seems to me that this is a HOT Topic. I see a few angry people in here. I do try to buy only USA, but some times I can't. More and more things are coming into USA.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
You know what? Just to let this topic run it's course, I'm moving it to the Dark Rooms so people can feel free to express their opinions clearly. I think that'll be the best solution all around.

Of course, that would have resulted in wtroutoutdoors getting a permanent ban and not a suspension, so take a lesson from him. No personal attacks, period!

Got it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts