made the jump

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by handgun, May 5, 2014.

1. handgun

handgun Member

got the 40 and some cheap walmart gear. just because i purchased hi-point and wally dont think im a tightass. even though i am. now i just need to get out and SHOOT
    [​IMG]

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Dude that's not cheap..... That's smart.. Why spend 1000$ on a gun in you don't even know if you'll like. You're out the door shooting several hundred rounds before joe Glock has paid for his gun.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Is this your 1st HP? I still don't have a 40 JCP. I may find a OD green one someday?
    Let us Pray!

4. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I bought my first hp last month. Within 3 weeks I bought another tomorrow I'm putting a deposit on a 45 carbine...... I bought my 40 out of curiosity. Seems like the owners love em but most others hate em. I'm just having a blast shootin em! Had to fool w my 40s mag a bit to get it feeding proper. My 45 worked perfect the first time! Enjoy my friend! You don't need lots of $$$ to have fun:)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

5. Congrats...here's to how long it will be before your online searching for your next HP...3....2....1....:D

6. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Congrats and welcome to your new addiction!

P.S.

your gonna need more ammo...

7. Congrats.
    I still need a .40 and .45 for my collection.Someday

8. Congrats on the new pistol. I'm wanting to get a 40 also just keep finding deals on 9 so I keep picking those up.

As for Walmart gear, who cares half of my yes and ear protection come from there also. And back when they carried ammo most of my ammo was bought there.

9. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I got the C9 for my first pistol or any firearm for that matter. My second pistol was the .40, which I just got a few months ago.

The Winchester White Box was the first ammo I ran through my .40, it worked great in mine.

Nothing wrong with working on a budget. My ear muffs are the ones from Harbor Freight that I got for less than $2 with a coupon. My C9 came with a hard case for $10 more. I use that to carry the 40 to the range.

10. talon

talon the banned wagon

yeah, we're on the Hi Point forum, but we all now think your a broke-dick cheapass for buying a Hi Point and budget gear, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

thats the glory of HP, save money for ammo!

11. Why would anyone buy a gun that they never had an opportunity to try one like it to begin with? You can be a hater of other guns if you think you need to, but there are billions of guns out there that have proven themselves before HPs were even on the market. Even high priced ones.;)

12. jd_mitchell

jd_mitchell Eagle Scout Member

When I got my 40, I asked the clerk what the general thoughts were, and he said people either swear by them or AT them.

13. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

thats because those others hate being out shot by a gun that cost a third of what they bought.....:D

14. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Yep! Went shooting w my homie a few weeks back. Ofcoarse it's when's jcp started nose diving in the mag. Only the 2nd box of ammo fired out of it. New brand never used. Mag tech. Told him I'd fix it when I got home and I was prolly gonna buy a 45. He tried talkin me into buyin his ruger 45. Took 5 min to fix my mag. I'm not that guy who just starts bending things w a leatherman tool. I use precision calipers and work cautiously. Now my 40 feeds fine 90% of the time (only at300 rounds so far prolly still not broke in). Still I was able to hit center mass on a paper silouette at 35yards! He couldn't do that with his sw9. I'm now able to consistently hit a 10" target at 25yrds and improving, rematch? Heheh! I love my new used jh45 never misses a beat! Saved $300 buy buying it instead of his ruger:)

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

15. Bull

You think every kimber buyer has shot one before? Anyways, wasn't necessarily bashing other guns.., but IMO hp is a good gun to caliber test.

16. I know I wouldn't spend that kind of money without trying one first... Extensively.

17. Bull

Good for you! Plenty of not as smart people buy their first gun based on the recommendation of the salesman at the lgs.... Or you want to argue about that too?

18. I didn't think I was arguing. Why does everything have to be an argument?

I learned when I was 16 years old, while traveling and working as a carnie that fools and their money are easily parted.

Back to guns..... Cheaper is not always better. Neither is pricier.

19. talon

talon the banned wagon

you cant always try the gun you want though. face it, not everyone has a Kimber laying around that they will happily hand over to you to just give a few test rounds thru. sometimes you have to make an educated choice based on researching, and sometimes you get screwed, but most of the time if you put some energy into looking into things, you do rather well.

20. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Wow, I can't believe I'm agreeing with Talon :eek:

I didn't have the option of shooting a C9 before buying. I don't know anyone who owns one and there aren't any shops here that let you rent firearms for a range session. So, no "try before you buy for me. So it was truly a leap of faith, based largely on the information I learned from this place.

Now, for my .40, I had a little better idea of what I was getting. One, I had my experience from my C9. Two, I got to shoot the older Iberia .40, so at least I had a pretty good idea what to expect from a JCP.