Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
cocked,locked,readytoroc
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all!
Im new to the world of hi-point firearms. i just picked up a HP jcp 40 s&w, at the gun show this past weekend. i was looking for a low buget pistol and came across this guy, im pleased with the gun, but didnt reliesed untill i brought it home how big and heavy it realy was.:rolleyes: im vary happy with the gun dont get me wrong. the next day i went back to the gun show to pick up some rounds. i bought IMI (israel military industries) 105gr.lead free frangibles and then went to Blue Ridge Arsinale, and do to work and time crunch, i shot 74 rounds out of my jcp and got 2 jams, and every so often, when i reloaded a fresh mag and cock it. the mag would pop out about a 1/4''.
and it still does it from time to time.
If anyone can help me out it would be vary apperisated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I haven't had that problem with my HP 40, None at all actually! But I did with my C-9. I called mom at Hi-point and explained what was happening and they sent me a whole new release mechanism! As for the jams that could have been just you, I wouldn't be too concerned yet, finish putting a couple hundred rounds down wind and it will probable smooth out! Have fun , I'm sure you will love it!

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Hello and welcome! This is one bugaboo of the HP pistols, dropping magazines. For a mag catch spring they use a piece of bent wire about an inch or so long with a small L shape leg on one end instead of a coil spring like on the carbines. I , like Mags50 above had a C9 that did it. HP will get a new catch and spring out to ya pronto and free for the asking. Should get you fixed up and it's an easy install.

·
cocked,locked,readytoroc
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. havent bin able to shoot at all sence the last time i did. but im going to W.V this weekend, and my family friend mite let me crack off a cupple rounds so i will keep you posted on what happins. thanks mags50 and kalboy for all your help.....
PS. was i suppost to call HP and set up a warenty thing when i first bought the gun? not sure. get back to me. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
No need for any warranty registration , they will just ask the model of gun you need parts for, what parts you need, and of course your address . If you call Monday they'll have your parts in your by Friday in most situations. Keep us posted, we'll talk you thru this!

·
cocked,locked,readytoroc
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got back from WV, and sure enough they let me shot.:D put some hollow points through it this time! (FED. Premiums 155gr. and Gold Dot 165gr.) the gun didn't like them at first (about 5 jams), but just like y'all said just needs to be worked in more. and sure as **** the gun was shooting flawlessly.:D i probably put a good 80-85 rounds through it, and it didn't pop the mag out or anything this time. witch is good.
That's great about the hi point! ill get in contacted with them when necessary. need to get an extra mag soon too. anyone know what a new mag is going for?

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
All accessories can be found at the HP site:
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.net/

They are the cheapest place to get OEM parts, ship fast and free, and simply are the best place to go for anything that isn't already on your gun.

There are a few aftermarket folks that make stuff you can't buy here, and some are good items...but for factory stuff, no one beats Mom!:)

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Ajole isn't kidding. HP goods,whether accessories bought or parts being provided for free seem to arrive yesterday. Looks like the current delivered price of the 40 cal mags is $18.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts