Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The button on my C9 mag release seems to stick out a ways. When I have it in my holster it will release the mag. It doesnt take much pressure to release the mag either. Is there anything I can do to correct the problem? Has anyone else ran into this? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
no problem here, but ive read a thread where someone shaved down some material on the release button. might help.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Mine was extremely touchy when I first got it. I would bump it all the time while shooting and release the mag. I called Hi-Point Customer Service and they sent me a new release button and whatever the thing inside the grip is called. But, while I was waiting on it to come in, I took my grip off and adjusted the metal piece that operates the mag release. It seems like I just had to bend it a little to get a little more resistance on the mag release.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I am constantly having my mags release!! A slight breeze and it popsthe mag out!!! I have been thinking about sanding the button down. Before I even submitted my post I removed the button. I used a razor knife and actually just popped the button off. The shaft under it potrudes enough to push with your finger and eject the mag! I think I will leave the button off since this way will not eject my mag when holstered.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
If you are talking about the notch in the slide, it is where you hold back the slide, put the safety up in that notch, and then in the regular safety notch you will see the roll pin that you press out to take the pistol apart.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I release a mag it only pops out about 1/2 inch and I then have to pull it out - very tight fit. Is there an issue with the mag release that will not allow it to simply drop out when I press the release button? Other pistols I have shot will drop the magazine completely clear when you press the release button. Is this by design or is there an adjustment I can make?

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
They should pretty well come out from my experience. Look up in the mag well of the pistol and see if there is a spur of plastic or something that is binding them up.

Perhaps some dry graphite would help until it is more broke in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry, I guess I should have stated what I was wondering about. I didn't even realize the safety notch was in the picture.

What I was referring to was the lever looking thing on the frame.

·
U.S.S.
2,253 Posts
I believe that is the lever that locks the slide back after you've fired the last round.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Oops, thought you were talking about the notch :oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey, I didn't specify what I was talking about so I can understand the confusion. No harm done waltham.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I simply removed the button on the mag release. Fixed my problem and still works great. Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
When I release a mag it only pops out about 1/2 inch and I then have to pull it out - very tight fit. Is there an issue with the mag release that will not allow it to simply drop out when I press the release button? Other pistols I have shot will drop the magazine completely clear when you press the release button. Is this by design or is there an adjustment I can make?
I tried 5 magazines and only one did what you are describing. Could it be a problem with the magazine? Maybe a light sanding to smooth out the sides a little?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought it might be the mags but have tried 2 that are as smooth as glass and they still stick. I removed the grips this weekend to get a better look at where the mag is hanging up and it appears to be just above the mag release button. No excess plastic or anything else that I can see. It just gets snug when it reaches this point. I slowly removed a mag past this point and it just feel free like is should. I wonder if in the manufacturing process the plastic body came out with a slight high spot or something along those lines?

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
It could be, perhaps you could fold a piece of fine grit sandpaper over the end of a ruler or something similar, and rub the spot where the mags are sticking and see if you can get a little extra room there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts