Magazine Base went snap.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by ptl1955, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ptl1955

ptl1955 Member

I love my Hi Point 995TS and I have seven magazines to use with it. Two weeks ago while at the rifle range, I was loading one of my magazines and on round eight, the plastic base of the magazine snapped off.
    The base, spring, follower and all eight rounds slid out the bottom of the magazine.
    I have the parts, so my question is this.
    Are the magazines also covered in the life time warrantied, or should I just bite the bullet and purchase a another one.

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I don't think the magazines are covered under the warranty, but the call is free. What's the worst they could tell you?, "No, please buy another magazine."

:)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Totally agree. They're really good about parts. I need to call up today to order two more gun locks for the two C9s I picked up. Despite specifically saying "I want to order and pay for gun locks and a ghost ring sight," they refused my money two years ago.

4. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Gun locks?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

5. sw1shers

sw1shers Member

How old is the magazine and how much have you used it?

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

And how cold was it......lol

7. rickm

rickm Member

I concur with this

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What does "snapped" mean?

Did the plastic break? Did it just snap out of the slot?

And mom will take care of you, it's warrantied, no question.:)

9. I had the same problem. Base plate broke. Called MOM and.they sent me 2 new bases. .I love mom

10. jkeen120

jkeen120 Member

Called 2 weeks ago same issue, new baseplates at my door in two days

11. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

And that is why we make and sell bumpers for the 9mm carbine mags.
    j.

12. D2D_Max

D2D_Max Member

Interested in the 3 pak bumper kit. Is there any chance for pics installed?

13. LongShotMfg

LongShotMfg Sponsor

Remember though, we only make them for the 9mm carbine mags. I will put a couple of pics up in the PHOTOS section of the forum.
    j.

14. D2D_Max

D2D_Max Member

Thx for quick reply.
    Proud new owner of a 995ts.
    Dropped a mag at the range and it went everywhere.
    Mom replaced free.
    Gotta luv Mom ;)

15. srb61

srb61 Member

I messed up 2 mags tweaking per a YouTube video,I ordered one and in instructions told them what I did .With my new mag came a note that said send them in with a note then they'll send 2 out,plus I ordered 2 PAC/ mount kit...don't mind spending money with company that backs their product ! Cant wait to have 5 mags...lol...the addiction has begun...

16. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

You might not have a 3 1/2 year old at your house who can somehow manage to climb about everything in the house, and you probably haven't had to pick him off of shelves over 6 feet tall, either.

Despite what the gun grabbers say, I am ALL about safety with firearms and all ammunition. The bullets don't go where he can get to them. The guns don't go where he can get to them. If he were somehow to get to the guns, it's impossible for him to pull the trigger.

Unfortunately keeping my family safe includes an amount keeping my family away from firearms. My wife had a ND that could have cost someone their life. Safety, training, safety training, repeat.

The only easy access I want anyone to have to ammunition is the bad guys - on the fast end of a bullet. I'm all ears and open to every single method you have of keeping my firearms safely stored yet easy for only me to get to them without any electronic means.

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Sorry to break this to you, but a bedside gun safe really is the only way to accomplish what you are after.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

18. mph_medic

mph_medic Member

Mine went snap crackle pop...

I also ordered the bumpers but you must have a good base to attach them too ..call MOM tomorrow

[​IMG]