Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before because I found the thread but it was so old the pictures didn't show up.

Anybody got any write ups on making magazine bumpers for the 995. Why in the world Hi Point made these with out the thicker bottoms is beyond me. I honestly can do it without a write up, but just like seeing others ideas and that's kind of the point of the forum.

I know LongShot makes them but they seem way over priced to me. And if I can make them I would rather do it and save the money.

So anybody made any?

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
I think they are high priced too. A member or 2 made some prototypes blah-blah-blah etc. Never to be seen again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I will be making some. So stay tuned. Not saying mine will be molds or all that fancy stuff.

But it will be a cheap and effective way to make them yourself, with minimal tools.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Well I will be making some. So stay tuned. But it will be a cheap and effective way to make them yourself, with minimal tools.
Kirk will be following up asking for you to write an article. You've been warned!

·
Premium Member
8,596 Posts
Is this something one could use a 3D printer for?

Inquiring eldar

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Is this something one could use a 3D printer for?

Inquiring eldar
Depends on the printer and material. Remember we already had someone claim they were going to do that?. They bEEz gone!

Nephew made some custom AR trigger guards. Mine broke in half.

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
According to Longshot, their plastic bumpers are attached to the bottom of the magazine using screws which they supply with the bumpers.

Being the frugal fart that I am, if I were going to make a magazine bumper, I'd get a chuck of rubber from the tread of an old tire, cut it down to size and shape, and drill a couple holes and screw it onto the bottom of the magazine.

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
According to Longshot, their plastic bumpers are attached to the bottom of the magazine using screws which they supply with the bumpers.

Being the frugal fart that I am, if I were going to make a magazine bumper, I'd get a chuck of rubber from the tread of an old tire, cut it down to size and shape, and drill a couple holes and screw it onto the bottom of the magazine.
Just don't use steel-belted. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts

Studded radial snow tires!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,975 Posts
Call 'em Gadsden bumpers.

Reactions: Rabidwookie
1 - 17 of 17 Posts