Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here's the issue. I recently picked up another c9 at a pawn shop for way cheap all because the gun wouldn't keep the mag in. So I stripped it and my other c9 to compare what was the problem was...it's just missing the mag catch spring. The little curved paper clip looking part.

So I'm wondering if there is something I can use to recreate a diy catch spring. Plus I don't know if HP will replace it because I don't have one to send them to prove I need a new one unless I send my whole gun in.
Any advice will help greatly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay. i will ill have to wait till monday.. :cantlook: but oh well. thats kind of what i figured and ive heard the same about them being pretty good about keepin they're customers happy. goin shooting tomorrow so i ve been trying to mimic the stock spring but i everything i use has to much flex. so yeah ill just wait and call them.
thanks for the reply though. ^-^

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PROBLEM TEMP SOLVED! I worked all night trying to make a mock catch spring. tried paper clips(way to weak) a sewing needle (broke every time i tried to bend it) piece of thick copper wire (still to weak)

the the winner was a Bobby Pin i stole from my room mate. :embarrassed2:copied the same shape but made the bend a little more dramatic to over compensate for the flex of it. but either way i put it in reassembled the gun and now it has no problem holding the mag in. ill fire it today to see if it holds up.

once again this a temp solve until i can call HP tomorrow.
:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts