Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
No, not without some sort of mods, and even then, I'm not aware of any mags.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My issue is - I think the gun is great, but the magazines suck. They don't seem to ever present the round in the proper orientation, therefore, jams deluxe. When I watch the action through the ejection hole, it seems like the round is always nose down, which bangs into ramp and it can bounce nose up or jam into something else that causes a failure.

I inspected a Glock 21 I rented at the range and every round was pointed right at the chamber.

I've been through the lip tweaking thing, so my faith is a little shaken with these mags. Even when the round is oriented correctly, then the forward motion starts the round always wants to nosedive. I've got the mag that came with the gun and also bought another to see how it worked. Even talked to a tech guy at the factory who told me how to tweak the feed lips/ears on the front. My ramp looks like some little fairy was in there beating it with a ball peen hammer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, thanks. I have done all that. Had the caliper out and thought I had the lips dialed in. Always tap the back and get them lined up. I can't say I have had any major feeding issues, but the condition of the feed ramp after a shooting session has me a little concerned. Guess I'll just let the rounds harden the ramp like a blacksmith would do beating on an iron tool.

I guess I was hoping I could slide a single stack S & W in there and that would be the end of it.

Here's the ramp after my 1st trip to the range. It's not nearly as bad now that I've tweaked the lips a little.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.