Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
428 Posts
So the mag retention was good on the 4500 model? Those were basically made for the 1911 mags, bit if they hold good, I might have to spring for one. Do the mags wobble at all in any direction or is it a good fit?

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So the mag retention was good on the 4500 model? Those were basically made for the 1911 mags, bit if they hold good, I might have to spring for one. Do the mags wobble at all in any direction or is it a good fit?
The retention was excellent. If they were made for the 1911, you'd never know it; they fit like a rubber glove. There isn't any wobble or looseness to the fit at all, yet they didn't grab the magazines too hard and make the draw cumbersome or slow. One thing that I did was to put the magazines into the pouch with the rounds facing to the right (see the picture posted above for an illustration). When I would speed draw them, the floor plate's lip would assist in the draw, making for a faster, smoother draw. I will be practicing this at home with an empty gun from concealment to get the draw down from cover garments. Even if you don't like the Fobus holster, the magazine pouches are a must. It takes too long to draw them from a pocket or waistband. The holster and magazine pouch were $40. (shipping included), and well worth every penny if you're going to carry outside of the range or your property. I'll probably end up posting a pic of the set-up with my new tactical vest that I got today.

· Registered
412 Posts
Well my mag pouch came in :D yes very professional rig heres some pics srben man this is uber cool and think I found my permanent carry setup just need to get a new flashlight for at night 8)

· Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Very cool, and yes, it is a very smart looking and working rig. I'm extremely pleased with mine. Just make sure your mags are facing the right direction in the pouch (i.e., they naturally flow from the pouch to the mag well in the gun without requiring you to turn them around).

· Premium Member
286 Posts
Okay, are you guys taking pics in the mirror? If not, I think I may be losing my mind... Anyway, I got my mag holder today (fobus model 4500) and it's awesome! Goes nicely with my fobus HP2 holster - now I need to get a few more mags to fill everything up!

· Registered
412 Posts
Steve yes I did take pics in a mirror also Srben you should post on urban warrior about this setup with pics

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.