Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
If you look at your magazine from the bottom you will see two slits .. Take a small screwdriver or knife and wedge it between the metal part of the magazine and the outer plastic section of the magazine .. You will have to do this on both sides . Just be carefull not to damage the fingers that hold the bottom .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well by crikey, mission accomplished...I popped the bottom off pretty easily....I had some pieces of hard plastic that look like little I beams....I measured n snipped and put it in the spring then re-assembled and it works perfect...holds 5 rounds and I tried number 6 pretty robustly and it wont go...so im legal for hunting in NH now !!...same concept as plugging a shotgun for waterfowl.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HMMMMMMM.....ya got me there...good question!...as far as I have seen in the booklet and web site it says no semi rifle can have a magazine holding more then 5 rounds with the exception of rimfire. I dont recall any mention at all of plugging a rifle...just shotgun to limit them to 3 shots for waterfall....but I am going to contact NH F&G to make sure although I think it might be one of those gray areas....but I will find out for sure and post the results...thanks for bringing it up...never crossed my mind....this is the actual info from the web site:

"It is illegal to hunt with a fully automatic firearm. It is also illegal to hunt with a semi-automatic rifle with a clip or magazine holding more than five cartridges (except .22 cal rimfire rifles and pistols), or use full-jacketed metal case bullets"

Now the way that could be read " semi-automatic rifle with a clip or magazine holding more than five cartridges"...does it mean you can use a magazine that holds 10 rounds if you only put 5 rounds in it?....It doesnt say anyhting about mods at all...Ill have to call ")

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I think you'd be allright with the plug in it. BUT check with a Game Warden there. BTW what are you using 995 or 4095? Ans let me guess yur goin fer deer Correct? Good luck and good hunting!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to use it in the woods for coyote/fox/****, in NH it would be illegal to use 9mm or .40 for deer. IF they ever come out with the .45 carbine that could be used for deer. The short length and semi of the carbine make it perfect for woods hunting for predators where the action is usually fast and close...for that I usually use a semi shotgun with 3 inch #4 buckshot....bigger areas I use a .223....I think the 995 will be a perfect fill in for intermediate range...like a .17 HMR which I also use, or .22 WMR...but a bit beefier.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
i read through the
NH laws where does it say that to take deer a 9mm can't be used???? The only thing i saw about calibers was no .22 rimfires, and no muzzleloaders under 40 cal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Towns with Special Rules:

Deer hunting is allowed only by shotgun, muzzleloader, handguns in calibers .357, 10 mm, .41, .44, .45, or .480, or bow and arrow in the following towns:"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well back to Panoz77's excellent question....as I live about 2 miles from the NH F&G HQ...I contacted them and the LT told me you dont need a plug in a rifle as long as you only have 5 rounds in it while hunting...thats total meaning 4 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber...only plugs required as are previously stated in shotguns for waterfowl...oh well its been a good learning experience but I swear you need a lawyer to understand all the different F&G laws !!

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I think i would still plug it.......i'm not sure but it limits mag cap to 5, not over cap. so i think 5 in a mag and one chamber would be ok. I bought a 5 round mag for my 10/22 for hunting

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I specifically asked a F&G LT. and he said 5 total, 4 in magazine , 1 in chamber, and I have it in writing just in case. Rimfire here you can use as many round magazine as you like, no restrictions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.