magazine release .45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by df1995, Sep 13, 2014.

1. df1995

df1995 Member

This sounds idiotic but I cannot find the magazine release on my .45 Carbine. The manual states that it is just in front of the trigger guard but all that is there is a stamped metal piece with numbers on it. This piece does not seem to move in any direction so I don't see how it could be the magazine release.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Send us a picture? Mine is in the exact same place as all my 9mm & 40S&W carbines

Attached Files:

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

you can see it in machos picture above, the little black dot BEHIND the trigger on the grip.

4. rickm

rickm Member

The mag release is right behind the trigger on the left hand side of the pistol grip be a little round button.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    It's defective. Do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and return it immediately.

Well at least you realize it.

6. df1995

df1995 Member

mag release

I have not found the mag release at any of the suggested locations. I should have said up-front that this is a California model which may differ from guns available in other states.

Still looking for it!

Thanks

7. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

You have a Calif approved bullet button , left side of the pistol grip . It is a raised non moveable button with a small access hole that you push the actual mag release with the tip of a bullet like a 5.56 rd

8. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I've never seen a California bullet button?
    I hope this doesn't mean I need to collect a whole set of California guns too?

9. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Don't bother, they are defective in that they require you to live in California to need one. :D

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Nope. Stupid button isn't a factory item.

11. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Calif bullet button is installed by the mfg

12. df1995

df1995 Member

.45 mag release

Thanks, that was it. Certainly not obvious. Nor is it covered in the instructions.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

It would be nice if someone got in a DGU situation, survived yet sued CA for the stupid button which because of the time to change mags caused him to be injured by attackers.

Screw CA!