Magazine self destructed....

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by rdhood, Nov 9, 2007.

1. rdhood

rdhood Member

I was at the range last night. Upon releasing the magazine from my 995, the darn thing flew apart! Spring, follower and floor plate gone!

I still have the body of the magazine.

My question: Does HP warrant the magazine? If I send it back, will they replace it?

2. Send it back, if you can't reassemble it.

3. s0b3

s0b3 Member

i remember someone else on the old board reporting this problem. i think their spring broke into 3 pieces. hi-point should look into why these are failing. bad batch of mag springs?

4. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Had my C-9 mag spring bust into 2 pieces. I havent done any thing yet, as I have another mag to use.

5. It was 6 pieces... :wink:

6. MikeV

MikeV Member

I also had one of my mag springs break. :(

[​IMG]

7. s0b3

s0b3 Member

with 3 similar failures, hi-point should be taking an interest in this.my thoughts are it may be a bad batch of springs.

8. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

the magazines have always been the weak point of the Hi-Point design.

9. SamW

SamW Member

Md
    Haven't seen that happen before. Send it back. You may get a new one.

10. s0b3

s0b3 Member

No doubt they will replace it but they need to get to the bottom of these failures. If someone is using it as their primary home defense weapon, this could end badly if they needed it.

11. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

had a mag i bought recently do this as well. i'm pointing at bad springs.

SW

12. s0b3

s0b3 Member

GlockMan, can you shoot a note to one of your HP contacts to take a look here?

These are catastrophic failures. If I had that happen to me, I would have to question it's reliability in a SHTF situation. Since OEM mags are all we have that are reliable, it's a surprise to see them self-destruct like this.