Magazines dropping from 995 Equipped with ATI Stock

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by phoenixsomd, May 27, 2014.

1. phoenixsomd

phoenixsomd Member

This is my first posting to the forum. I've recently acquired a 995 with an ATI stock and have test fired it on two occasions while sighting it in. I have three HP 10 round magazines and each one has the odd behavior of falling out of the gun while being fired. They fit insert and lock in just fine - I can't pull them out without using the magazine release. It seems to always happen after 4-5 rounds are fired.

I can't reach the magazine release while grasping the grip so I know I'm not hitting it accidently during firing. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? I searched the forum but couldn't locate any discussion of the topic.

Thanks

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Not here. Worn mag catch maybe. Mistake during assembly? Is the magazine catch installed properly? I would check that first and make sure it is in correctly.

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
    I don't have a carbine and I haven't heard of that happening but that doesn't mean anything lol.
    With handguns it's not uncommon to bump the mag release, with carbines I just don't know.
    HP ( mom) will send you all the small parts you need for free.
    But somebody here will help you figure out what it is.