·
Banned
401 Posts
My question would be:

Why?

G

·
Isn't that what the C9 comp does?
It would take some weight out of the slide and make a reduced kick back.But isn't that needed for the blow back design?
Might Start miss feeding.

Try it and if it doesn't work,send it back to HP and see if they'll fix it back up for you. LOL (yes, they probably will).

Rich

·
Registered
222 Posts
SW-
I've seen Glocks ported for jump reduction. A big problem with that is trying to see to shoot the second shot at night due to the increased upward flash. I'm not so sure that it would work for the blowback design though. It's worth a shot especially if you are using yours for mostly range firing. As for the metalizing, I have always wanted to see a totally "stainless looking" HP. I think it would look great and I think that the thin chrome stuff that sight has might just work to accomplish that. Post an update if you do any of those mods, I would really like to see them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excuse me, but, wouldn't that cause problems with the basic blow-back design. This type of gun is supposed to have some gas build up in order to have the effectively cycle the next round...or so I thought.

·
Registered
222 Posts
JeffofWA- We aren't totally sure how it would affect the blowback design but that's what this is about. Everyone wants to improve their firearm so that it fits each individual user. and From what I am to understand HP's tech staff is pretty cool and helps with just about anything you want to do. I am interested in seeing how it would work myself. I think it would stand to reason though, that if the C9 Comp does the same thing that porting the gun itself would work.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The only thing that would be worth while doing on the c9 is a posible fire lapping .. This is an inexpensive and proven way to improve accuracy .. How ever make sure to take measurements of the bore diameter before starting any project like this or you could remove to much . ^-^

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Um...Hi-Points are generally more accurate than the shooters firing them. They have a fixed barrel which greatly improves accuracy when compare to a pistol with an unfixed barrel. Sand bag or vise your gun next time you hit the range, you will get good groups it if is stationary.

As far as Mag-Na-Porting, the website says that it will not affect any cycling function on any weapon. They also state that there process cuts down on the upward flash because their ports are situated to the side and more in the periphery than regular porting.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good info Broomhead. I think you are right about the grouping. I never had as good of aim with a pistol as I seem to have with my C9. I wouldn't mind seeing that Chrome/Stainless job done though. I really don't think that I would ever port my own weapon but it's nice to know the way they do it. I think that would make more sense to have them off to the side. I guess I just didn't read enough on their site to see everything

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would be real interesting to see how long the slide lasted with those gases cutting through it being a light weight alloy and thicker than about any other on the planet. Having more area for the gases to work on. :devilsidesmile:

For porting to be efficient it requires a cartridge that produces alot of gas at a high pressure 45acp does not really qualify.
40cal maybe.
9mm C9 being a short barrel and not that much gas probably not much change in muzzle flip, porting does less on short bbl. guns due to lack of leverage at the muzzle. Just my 2 cents worth.( 1/4 cent today)
The only HP I would port for grins would be the C9 comp at the end of the barrel that sticks out past the slide with the comp removed of course. :devilsidesmile:
As always YMMV ^-^

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been shooting since I was about 7 years old. Shooting by myself since I was 12. At one time I was into porting my guns, customizing stocks, back boring shotguns ....well you all get the idea. Now, I buy the gun, take it out of the box and shoot it as the manufacturer intended. You'd be surprised at how much more ammo you can buy with the money you save and how well your firearm will shoot without a wallet full of bells and whistles. I know, my buddy says the same thing. Mind my own business, he only does stuff that improves his shooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts