Magpul 4inch oem rail installed on my 995ts for m4 sights!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Kuhockey27, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Kuhockey27

Kuhockey27 i love 9mm! Member

Picked this up for $7.99 from LGS and installed it in 5 minutes. I added this to expand my upper rail to allow for m4 style backup irons in case my red dot goes out. Heres some pics..

PS.. Im keeping my front original iron sight on because it co-witnesses with my red dot perfectly!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. Kuhockey27

Full view..

Attached Files:

3. Kuhockey27

Down sights

Attached Files:

4. Kuhockey27

Just for fun with his brother

Attached Files:

5. Kuhockey27

Co- witness picture with my original front iron sight.

Attached Files:

6. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

i use the same Magpul rail in that same location for my 45 deg A2 offset sights !!

[​IMG]

7. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

I did the exact same thing to mine. That magpul rail is an inexpensive and handy way to add a rail to almost anything. A quick burst from the drill was all it took. Great for providing a nice long sighting plane, and cowitnessing backup sights to a red dot.

8. Kuhockey27

Your set up is awesome man!! I love what you did it looks amazing..

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Why not just loosen the set screw on the front sight and remove it leaving the elevation alone? You can't use it anyways with the OEM rear sights removed. It would look much better with the second front sight off IMO.

10. Kuhockey27

USMC_VET what did u do to your front iron sight? The stock one.. It looks like its cut down.....

Ps.. How much did your offset sights cost?? And where did you get them?

11. Kuhockey27

I thought it helps with my aim combined with the red dot.. Am i wrong? Does it even make a difference?

12. panoz77

panoz77 Member

If you don't have a rear sight how do you know it is "co-witnessed". Even if your dot sight is on target, the front sight would be pretty useless without a rear sight :confused:

13. Kuhockey27

Ive been living a lie! Lol.. That makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that up for me ... I plan on taking the front sight post off tonight because I am making a barrel shroud. I will make a thread on how i made it and how it ends up! Thanks again.

14. USMC_VET

the FSP base is there so it can secure and keep steady the lower rail from moving around

15. USMC_VET

The FSP was removed and just using the FSP base to help secure the lower rail

here is what i'm using and just ordered a set for a friend of mine ... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006X9DLQM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

16. Kuhockey27

17. talon

talon the banned wagon

I use a modified second HP rail on mine, but the same 45• offset sights, based on VET's recommendation.

18. USMC_VET

make sure to sight them in using the proper procedure for these sights and using a M16A2 25 yrd zero target to sight them in

19. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Member

NV
  20. Mr. Boom, nice avatar, brother.