MagPul MOE Hand Guard Lengths

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Sep 7, 2015.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

2. TNTRAILERTRASH

Never mind. I did have a chat with a member on Brownell's. In order to do this I wold need to remove the A frame gas block sight and go with either a low profile gas piston, or low profile gas block. Seeing how MagPul is dumping the MOE line I am going to order one at the blow out price and save my pennies for the block assembly.

3. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida

I don't think so. That would only work with a free floating forearm. sounds like you have a carbine length.
    Who is clearing out prices? I could use a mid-length. You can get a quad rail for under $50

And magpul makes one a little longer for standard carbine length with 'A' front sight. link

Attached Files:

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

5. TNTRAILERTRASH

Already have the carbine length MOE. I bought the Colt 6920LEMOE

6. slade601

slade601 Member

There are full length handguards that have an opening for the front sight. I don't know if you'd wanna spend it but I think vltor had a full length free float that worked with the standard sight.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

$190!!! I think I'll keep the MOE. I did look at the MOE SL Dane linked. I think they are butt ugly. I was going to order a FDE guard but they are full price everywhere and MagPul is sold out. I figured for $19.99 I would have got it and the black one.

I ordered a bunch of MOE rails, off set Scout light bracket, and a MBUS flip up front sight to go with the rear sight.

Anyone buying MOE hand guards must note that they have stopped production on the rails and accessories that fit the MOE slots. They do have adapter kits that will work with the new M-LOK system.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

9. slade601

slade601 Member

Yeah. The vltor never made it to mine! Was just trying to live vicariously!!

10. slade601

slade601 Member

But there are others, mostly all drop in quad rail from what I've seen, that do the same thing for a lot less.

11. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I don't see how it will work. It wants to mount with the delta ring and retaining cap as you mentioned. Only way I see is to use a floating handguard and low gas port. Or order the longer carbine size one. Is that on clearance too?

12. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
  13. TNT..if you use a two piece drop in hand guard like the Magpuls, you have to use delta ring and retaining cap regardless of gas block size. Your 6920 uses carbine length, so rifle length will not fit. Go free float and eliminate your headache.

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Dumping the OLD (non-M-Lok) MOE line.
    You could cut the A-Frame sights down, and then it would slip over.
    But you would be going to optics only, no front sight, unless they have an
    odd angled mount for a front sight.

But that is the new M-Lok and he's a [email protected]$$ ba$tard :D :D

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The one I just installed fit perfectly...
    MOE carbine length M-Lok Forend! :D

16. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Free float mid length quad rail CDNN sports $40

[​IMG]

17. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
  18. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Here's a stupid question - but what is the difference between s free float rail and a quad rail? :what::what::what:

19. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Free floating handguards(which are frequently a quad rail) are attached at the upper receiver and no where else. Hence 'free floating' so to speak. A quad rail has four mounting rails on it and can be free floating as mentioned and shown in the picture or attach as a standard handrail by basicly clamping at the receiver end and around the gas block With a plate like device. So a standard handguard is held by the barrel and a free float is off the barrel. Either can be a 'quad' rail if so desired. Look at the picture of the free floating 'quad'. It has a barrel nut on one end for attaching and the other open, plus it has four mounting rails on it.

Totally confused now? :D

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

I don't like the looks of the M-Lok stuff. Only burrowing half blind critters from Indiana use them. I already have a front MBUS front sight coming to match the rear one. Wanna talk cheap? My brother when installing his quad rail sawed the front sight down on his DPMS cause he's cheap! He didn't care as he is not planning on selling it.

After firing an AR with a metal quad rail and about burning my hand? Plastic for me!

I'll do whatever I need to do to fit the new guard on there. I ordered the MOE rails from Amazon.