Magpuls new flavor

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by slade601, Jul 21, 2015.

1. slade601

slade601 Member

I'm enjoying it. Wanted to have my ak look modern, but still a bit traditional. Hit my doorstep this morning. Has the quality you'd expect. Installing the stock was quite a bit different than any other stamped ak stock. Might still have to try the Zhukov stock though!! ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1437503452.467073.jpg

2. slade601

slade601 Member

Storage for cleaning kit also. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1437503863.765729.jpg

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its not too shabby. Whats it run pricewise? And is it fixed or folding?

4. slade601

slade601 Member

Fixed. This is the moe set. Akm handguards were $35. Stock was $60 and Warsaw length.

Then there's also the Zhukov set at $100 a piece. Saiga style extended handguard. And the stock looks identical to that of the ak12. It's collapsible and right side folding.

Also magpul finally released their steel reinforced pmags for the ak. Those were already out of stock.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  5. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I have a MOE edition Colt. MagPul reps at NRA Nashville told me they are phasing out the MOE stuff. When I get some extra $ I think the heat shield on mine is going in a box for a full floating quad rail. Colt probably buys the furniture for $5

6. slade601

slade601 Member

The moe for the ak was just released this year so I don't believe it's going anywhere anytime soon. The ar stuff though, I have no clue. If I'm not mistaken magpul has a freefloat rail for the ar now right?

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I'd like the folder... :D

8. slade601

slade601 Member

I'm still tempted on it. Was worried about a polymer folder even from magpul! But, ak operators Union did a review on it. They finally broke it by running over the stock in the folded position.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's not a bad look.

Mine had Tapco on it, it's now in wood.

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

The catalogue I got in April doesn't list the MOE attachments. I was ready to buy right there. They didn't have any and directed me a few booths down as they still had the stuff.

11. slade601

slade601 Member

Alright so in academy today for Mississippi's tax free gun weekend! Picked up the new m-lok afg. Not sure why I did, I've tried them on the 995ts and AR but was never sold on it. But I'm glad I did.

This new afg for the m-lok feature is far superior to the other in my opinion. YMMV. It's lighter, lower profile, and much thinner. Won't know for sure until I get out to fire with it on but so far I'm loving the feel and aesthetics of it. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1441603212.633072.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  12. lsi1

lsi1 Member

makes me want to try that on my ksg. but I'm laying low on gun and accessory purchases for a while had a bit of a busy weekend.

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Full Floating = Heavier
    Quadrail also = Heavier
    I have a carbine length quad rail, kinda heavy :(
    Not a full floater. The MOE stuff is great, I just bought one.
    Even though it might look "dated", to me it looks CLASSIC.
    Just removed a GI handguard, and installed MOE :D
    The GI stuff, however... is over 2 oz lighter! :eek:
    I'm looking to build an ultra-light AR, I'm thinking those GI handguards,
    a home built ultralight stock (I can go lighter than the MFT Minimalist! :D)
    and possibly, at a later date, a slick-side upper. Flat Top, no handle ;)

M-Lok is great, if you have the MOE or newer M-Lok guards!
    I just did an MOE forend (as told above) and it's gonna be SWEET!
    Prolly run it with a Mag Well Grip, for gits-n-shiggles :D