Maine newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by BCON, Nov 2, 2015.

1. BCON

BCON Member

So i have purchased my first Hi-point or more accurately i have traded for it. Last week i traded my Maverick 88 home security model with knoxx stock for a 4095TS it had a tasco red-dot and a forward grip on it ( one mag). Now i am not new to carbines i own a Marlin camp 9 Nickel version and have had some range time with a CX4. However this is my first experience with a Hi-Point. I felt i needed to make it fit me a little better. I added a Flagway Metal carry handle and Tapco rail for the red dot as i have read a lot about cheek slap. I also added a 150 LUM light and a barrel shroud. Looks great so far i have yet to take it out but that will come

Attached Files:

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

That's a nice looking rifle

Welcome :welcome:

3. BCON

BCON Member

Thanks also a note its my first .40 S&W as i tend to stick to 9MM's

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the asylum.

Not too shabby for your first hi point. I own a 4095TS myself and I don't understand why all these girly-men complain about the cheek slap, I've never experienced it even once with the thousands of rounds I've sent down range. Could be the beard, might be because I don't let my mommy dress me funny, or it could even be the fact that I don't wear frilly lace underwear like some of these cupcakes around here. :stir: :nahnah:

Anyways, welcome to the forum. Ask away if you have any questions and we'll do our best to keep you on the right path.

5. BCON

BCON Member

if it do decide to keep the 40 i will be looking for a matching pistol as i like to have carbine/pistol combo's with interchangeable mags. I have a few guns i "will never part with for any price"

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Allsport Performance has them in stock for $160...just sayin'.

7. BCON

BCON Member

newest addition .. its an all metal emblem .. to tacky .. to "tacticool" ? What are your thoughts

Attached Files:

8. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I like it for some reason

9. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Way kool emblem. Once you light off the .40, you may not go back to 9mm. Loud, snappy, powerful, and errrrr, yeah, fun :p

10. histed

histed Supporting Member

BECO - welcome to the jungle. Nice carbine - range report soon?
    Rach - If I was your size, Marine, I wouldn't worry about cheek slap either! H#!!, your rifle is prolly scared to slap you

[​IMG]

11. histed

histed Supporting Member

And why am I not surprised? :rofl:

12. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Welcome from Las Vegas!

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

You should try to bore sight your gun before you take it to the range?

14. BCON

BCON Member

now what fun is that ?

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Ooooo... A Skull Sticker. You rule Dude.

16. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Hello kitty is the best.

17. BCON

BCON Member

so the red dot was too high .. and i really really like having a functional carry handle ( i know call me weird i just like it ok ) so i did this .. we shall see if it works ..

Attached Files:

18. talon

talon the banned wagon

Other than that ejected shell flying up past your face.

19. BCON

BCON Member

yep .. hmm .. DANG IT .. really want to keep my carry handle .. dont want to put sites back on the front either .. well i will have to shoot it to see how it goes ..