Major trade blitz

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Grant, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Grant

Grant Member

So I started off wanting to sell my Keltec P3at after I bought my new SCCY for pocket carry. I had a woman call asking if I would be willing to trade guns. I'm always up for something different, so I asked what it was. She wasn't sure, her husband bought it for her and she hated it. She said it was huge and didn't know much more about it. We met and I took the keltec and all the 380 ammo I had in case her gun was more expensive. I let her check out the keltec and she loved the size and feel and said if I wanted hers we could just trade.

She pulls out a Glock 21 in 45 Acp. :eek:

I told her that her gun was worth well more than mine and that I had brought about 350 rds of 380 with me, but didn't bring any cash. She wanted to do the deal. I again said, you are aware this is one sided my way, she said yes. After this I took the deal.

Now the Glock really wasn't my thing either. I shot it and it was ok, but the feel just wasn't right for me.

Then I saw a Browning BLR in 308 up for sale at a low price and offered the Glock in trade. The guy said maybe, another meeting.

The BLR had had a hard life. The wood was beat up, dented, dinged, pretty rough. The receiver also had some rust on it, but the mechanics and the bore were pristine. He liked the Glock, which looked new, but wanted some cash. I said no thanks because of the condition, he back tracked quick and took the deal. I broke it down, refinished the wood, not easy on a Browning by the way and cleaned up the rust and reblued the spots. It turned out a real beauty. I added the scope.

So I traded a $200 max pistol and about $150 in ammo for this.........

Attached Files:

2. Grant

Grant Member

Not sure why all the photos wouldn't load.

Attached Files:

3. Grant

Grant Member

One more. This is crazy.

Attached Files:

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice swing Grant!

5. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Way to go dude. You were honest with the gal and ended up with a really nice gun. I love this kind of story. Beautiful rifle.

6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Your honesty with that lady paid off for you. Well done!

7. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Wow! That is a beautiful gun!

8. Grant

Grant Member

Thank you. It was some work and a lot of time to get it to look like that. Trust me when I say it did not look like that when I got it. I don't know what kind of clear epoxy Browning uses, but it took aircraft stripper gel and a lot of time and patience to clean off. I wanted to do minimal to do sanding on this stock.

9. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

You do know that Obama would have you classified as a dealer for that exchange and made you get an ffl. :D

Awesome job at horse trading. Looks like you got a great rifle.

10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Sweet barter!

11. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

I dig it man. Guns like cars have about 90% of their value in cosmetics. There are deals out there driven by cosmetics.

12. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Nice gun. I'll give you $351 just to beat out Swaga

13. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Beautiful!! Don't you love when a plan comes together!!

Even if it wasn't planned!! :rolleyes:

Great job though!

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Good Job, nice Rifle! :D

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    How much did the guy want for the BLR originally?
    The Glunk was prolly worth more than that,
    yet the dood asked for cash too? :rolleyes:

16. Grant

Grant Member

He wanted $600, overpriced for the condition. In its condition it was a $500 gun. The Glock was worth about the same $475-500. Redone it's a $750 rifle.

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    That's not a "swing", that's a SCHWING!;)

Very nice bit of class acts and trading, Grant!

My SIL has the BLR in grey laminate and stainless, 30-06, deeply discounted to $850 at the time. It's a very sweet rifle.

Kinda wish I had bought the dark brown 22-250 BLR I saw at a little dealer in Corpus a few years back...$450.:p

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    BTW, get that silly flat black tactical hubble off of that poor gun, and put a nice blued Weaver K or some other old school smaller hunting scope on there...;)

Like this...

[​IMG]

Or This

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  19. undeRGRound

INDY
    Second one looks about right! :D

20. Grant

Grant Member

Hey it's one I had laying around here without buying something else. It has a deep shade on it, that makes it look even bigger.