Makarov cal gun I just added to my "want list"

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lklawson, Apr 23, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I knew about this gun but never knew it was produced in 9x18 Makarov.

The ZVI KEVIN was rebranded as the Micro Desert Eagle. Magnum Research purchased design rights from a Czech company for their Kevin ZP98 pistol. They were making them in both .380ACP (ZP98) and in 9x18 Makarov (ZP06). Magnum Research then began producing them in the U.S. Apparently the gun is just too small to make requisite points for import <grump grump>.

I dunno how I'd be able to get a Makarov variant to the U.S. but there's got to be some way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Just like the old Johnny Cash song: I got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime....

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

My recollection was that he ended up with a caddy that had two headlights on one side, one on the other, and only one tail fin. ;)

I suppose, however, that could work for everything except the receiver/frame.

I'm wondering how close a copy the Micro is. If it's 100%, then maybe I could just order a Makarov cal barrel from ZVI as a "drop in" part.

Unless someone knows of a way for a private party to order single-purchase a single example as some sort of bring-back or souvenir? Military personnel, maybe?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. I bet that little bugger stings to shoot. Like the noisy cricket in MIB.

5. Ok......I now have to purchase one of these because KEVIN is my name. I blame you Kirk!

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Its height and length are both shorter than the P3AT but it's roughly 15% wider (same as the Taurus TCP). So I bet it's harder to hold on to than the P3AT & co. But the metal frame gives it a bit more weight which should help reduce recoil.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

That is a great reference to "One piece at a time" by Johnny Cash. I award you 25 worthless points. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
  8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I just finish reading the rest of the thread and everybody else miss the Johnny Cash song come on people wakeup

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Never really liked the Micro Desert Eagle, but I do like the Czech original. Guess dressing up does matter!

Can't police departments order imports that don't make points? Do not know if true or not, but researching the Glock 42, I read that police could order the unobtainable European 380 Glocks?

10. Certainly caught the Johhny Cash reference! And agree. But then, I'm an old fart.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yup.

Here's a KEVIN in white metal, no bling, and one all blued, with a Micro for comparison:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dunno. I hadn't heard of it.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk