Make a SURVIVAL CARBINE out of your xx95TS!!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by undeRGRound, Jan 31, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/prepare-survival-carbine/

This is for a 357 Magnum Lever Gun, but IMO the HP carbine would be a better and cheaper starting point, and carry pistols to match! SWEEET!

[​IMG]

Imagine how we can mod an HP to get similar features! They also have some really good ideas on using the sling for some storage. This all adds weight of course, so it may hinder CQB. This is more of an "on the go" or Bug Out mod.

2. Tattoo

Tattoo Member

With the ts stock you could use the space between the webbing for storage. Make one side solid and a fold down door on the other

3. undeRGRound

INDY
    EXACTLY!!!
    Here's the photochop I made up for what I had in mind for interior mods...
    Where to cut the rails out. I think it will still be plenty strong! I have a donor stock coming as soon as USPS gets their sh!t together... Stupd Ba$tard$ sent it from Utah to the hub in Denver, (so far so good) and then all the way to Mass. on the east coast. I'm in Indy, we have a postal hub here! Prolly x-rayed it and saw a vague gun-like shape, w/o barrel or action :mad: If I get a "visit" I'ma gonna give them a piece of my mind!!!

Fixed my red lines :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  4. undeRGRound

INDY
    Door on right side for righties, left side for lefties...
    I'm thinking a bulge for the door, maybe!

5. Tattoo

Tattoo Member

Bulge to form a cheek rest, I was just working on a bros carbine that has the foregrip from hi point, it's c shaped with a open back, it could have a door put on it for a decent storage. I'm looking at different ways to modify magazine holders so I can get 4 mags on the fore stock and 2 in the standard placement on the butt

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    HaHa. They once sent my ebay purchase from Conn to VT by way of Nome Alaska.

7. undeRGRound

INDY
    PIX would be appreciated;)

Almost makes me feel fortunate... Almost:p

8. Tattoo

Tattoo Member

9. Tattoo

Tattoo Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In looking back to the original rifle, I'm actually set up pretty similar, on the carbine I've got a TRL2S light/laser combo, 2 small knives and a factory tool wrapped in 30' of 550, another 100' of paracord in the sling mount, 20 extra rounds on the stock. I need to add some storage on the sling but I'm not sure I want to. At the point she's at, she's heavy. The only weight I'd be willing to trim is the barrel shroud and at 5oz I don't think it would make any difference

10. undeRGRound

INDY
    Barrel shroud and comp coming off the front would make a noticeable difference, being right on the end, IMO... but mostly during the time you are holding the gun up to shoot. Nice work so far!

11. TopGas

TopGas Member

I think that the concept of a pistol caliber carbine for a "survival" weapon has much merit. In the case of the Hi Point "Pairs" especially so. Having a rifle and hand gun that use the same ammunition is very beneficial indeed! That the 4095TS/JCP.40cal and 4595TS/JHP.45cal pairs use the same magazines is a bonus. The C-9 can use the 995TS mag but not the reverse. I'm guessing that will be the case with the 3895TS if it comes to market.

With all of that said, I do think that the pistol caliber lever action carbines might make an even better survival gun choice. A lever action carbine is likely to be an "under the radar" flyer RE: the anti-gun zealots. The same may be true for revolvers (at least early on). A .357 Mag carbine/revolver combo would lack the "automatic capabilities" that the AGZs take so much issue with but still would be quite formidable in just about any situation.

I'm on the lookout for a lever action carbine as posted by the OP for that very reason.
    TG

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  12. Tattoo

Tattoo Member

I just got the shroud, it actually balanced the carbine better, the magazine holder made it ass heavy

13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Right now, the only pistol/rifle combo I have with shared ammo are a Walther P-22 and a bolt-action Remington 581-S. The problem is that they only use the .22 LR. When I get my 4595TS, I'll finally have a combo chambered for a more effective caliber.

In the future, though, I'd like to get a Ruger GP100 and a Rossi .357 Mag lever carbine. While the likelihood of a really protracted period of societal breakdown is low, it seems that in the event that one had to rely upon making black powder and swagging or casting lead bullets from wheel weights for ammo, revolvers and manually-cycles rifles would be the best way to go.

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    The lever gun comments are really interesting...
    What is great is the gate-loading lever action. You can "top it off" between shots w/o ever taking it down or mag changes like most ALL other weapons. Not that a mag change is hard, but topping off a gated carbine is way better than reloading a revolver or pulling the tube plunger like in a Henry Lever Gun Henry's are great, but leave out one of the best features...
    The Rossi has a gate, and so does the Marlin. Of course, Winchester :D

15. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I wish that the Winchester Model 94 Trapper Carbine could come back into production.

16. TopGas

TopGas Member

Just like Lucas McCain did at the beginning of every episode of The Rifleman:cool:!
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEES3pZGSTY[/ame]

TG

17. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Always loved that series "The Rifleman" What a sweet setup. New a guy once that had one like it all spit and polished and smooth as glass. Had a trigger lever on the loop to fire when the loop comes back up. Koowal! :cool:

18. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Member

TN
    The 357mag Levergun Carbine makes a sweet.. deer carbine /HD carbine.....the 357 mag out of a carbine is a different beast...
    I have owned several in the past..but I opted for the 995 as another HD/SD carbine option...the 9x19 +P out of a 16inch barrel is similar to a 357 mag out of a 4 inch revolver...but is easier to control

[​IMG]

19. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Member

TN
    Chuck Connors ?????..(no comment)

20. What? You don't know Kevin?