Making first call to MoM tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Hokieman1987, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Hokieman1987

Hokieman1987 Member

Upon disassembly after my first shoot for inspection and to polish the feed ramp on my 4095, I found a bent firing pin. I didn't have any light strikes or failure to fire incidents with it at the range thank goodness. Even though I should be aggravated, I find this "getting everything right" phase of ownership (I had FTF issues that had to be fixed by tuning mags and polishing ramp) interesting and kind of fun, like a project car. I would much rather do the repairs myself rather then sending it in and waiting for my carbine. From reading some of your posts, I believe that is the spirit of a true Hi-Point owner and I'm OK with it.

I guess I'm a realist and know that a $300 rifle isn't an HK or a custom rifle. Once MoM sends me the pin and I install it, the bugs should be all worked out and I'm looking forward to smooth sailing ahead.

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You might even get yourself a shiny new set of springs too. Straighten out the old pin and toss it in a bag with the spare springs.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The FTFs are what bent the firing pin.

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

That is how I became a GUNSMITH right there. Trial & error, works every time!!!

5. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Just wanted to give props to MOM, instead of starting a new thread ill just piggy-back here. I bought a used Model "C" Comp about a month ago, didnt realize till I brought it home it was an older model from 98-99. Since then I have received four parcels from Hi Point, all replacement parts for free. I'm basically upgraded everything into a new C9, the only things not being replaced the frame, grips, and barrel.
    The mag exchange system they have is very efficient, and most of the mail got here in less than five business days. Just popped in a new safety level, recoil spring today. Big difference with the new recoil spring.

6. MachoMelvin

2nd to NONE Brother, 2nd to NONE!!!

7. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I did the same with my Jh 45 last year. I did replace the grips though.

8. MachoMelvin

"JH" smooth slide or textured slide?

9. GoesBang

10. MachoMelvin

11. GoesBang

I'd say yes. Definitely not smooth. It is 15 years old.

12. GoesBang

I would be interested in a JCP or JHP for home defense, but I can not stand the grips. So for now the JH is the nightstand gun.

Thingmeister needs to make some checkered grips for them.

13. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

What about checking out some of the Glocks that have been stippled by their owners, get a set of extra grips from mom, fire up the soldering iron/wood burning set/favorite heating device du jour, and make what you want it to be?

Better than waiting on someone else. ;)

14. GoesBang

I don't want to stipple the grips. I would prefer checkering like the original JH and JC have.

In fact I would love to see CNC aluminum replacements for the originals as well.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I prefer the alloys to the pollys too.