Man attacks Walmart customer carrying concealed weapon

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tallbump, Jan 20, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I was going to think of a witty name for this thread...but I think the article title says it best. This guy is darn lucky he didn't get his stupid arse shot, which he deserved. I HOPE he gets a long sentence. Glad to see they at least arrested him.

http://tbo.com/news/crime/deputies-man-attacks-walmart-customer-carrying-concealed-weapon-20150120/?page=1

Just to prove this is real, here's another link

http://concealednation.org/2015/01/man-attacks-concealed-carrier-in-walmart-after-seeing-his-holstered-firearm/

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

'Concealed firearm'...?

CCW Carrier should learn to better conceal his firearm next time.

Fewer problems that way...

eldar

3. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

This guy is proof that the antis are NUTS - and they think no one should have a gun, and there's no reason for anyone to have one. We know that if liberals shoot guns they like them, even if they think others shouldn't have them. Look at swaga.

Wonder how they only charged him with battery and not assault? Thankfully these people take themselves out of polite society by themselves sometimes, like this.

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Battery is the consummation of an assault with physical contact. It is actually a stronger charge than assault.

By the way, I think the only reason this punk attacked Mr. Daniels was because Daniels was an old man who he could probably physically match, and he just wanted to vent his vitriolic hatred of guns and gun owners upon him. What a douche.

5. eet

eet Member

Wow, this happened down the street and this is the first I hear of it. I am about 2-3 miles from the Walmart as I write this. That store does have some interesting characters roaming around.

6. Liberty

Thanks for that - one section of code I've not read. I always thought it was "assault and battery."

7. Guy is lucky he didn't get shot. seriously.

8. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

You can take a swing at someone and miss. That can be an assault, but not battery. But if you hit them, then it's battery. Some states don't even have "assault & batter". But you might get charged with both, as separate charges.

I think this guy needs to get a stiff sentence becuase it was basically premeditated. I mean, when he left the house that morning, tackling a CCer probably wasn't on his agenda. But he observed him, followed him a and picked his moment to attack. That shows forethought and malice.

9. ekim

ekim Member

I don't know if open carry is legal in Fla. but in KY it is and if my weapon is seen it's not a major issue to me as I'm covered either way. I do try not to show my weapon, but things happen. My point is that you seem to be putting part of the blame on the guy CC'ing because someone saw a weapon, like that justifies the other guy attacking him. I'm quite sure that isn't your intent but that's how I read your post?

10. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Looks to me like you have a case of an over active preemptive action media trained gun hating hero.

Well Mikie your making news now and you even surrounded by a jail full of people who hate folks being armed too they are called criminals!

FYI Mikie if you dislike armed shoppers then shop at TARGET they have a very anti gun policy and mindset.

11. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

No such thing.

Just saying that in a State that only has Concealed Carry, it would keep a lot of problems from happening as long as the person carrying makes sure their weapon is only exposed when they draw it.

Short jackets and short coats are notorious for exposing concealed weaponry because they are too short to fully cover said weapon.

Had the CCW person worn a longer outer garment, it would not have exposed his pistol even if he had bent over while wearing it.

Now have said that, the CCW was probably putting his coat on in the parking lot after getting out of his vehicle and his weapon was seen by the assaulter at that time.

Being more careful could have prevented this episode from happening in the first place..

That's all.

eldar

12. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I love you brother... but you are blaming the victim. This is like saying that if a young lady had not worn a tight fitting blouse or short skirt she would not have gotten raped. Regardless of whether the CCW intentionally or accidentally exposed the weapon, the individual had no right or authority to grab him and assault him.

13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

In Florida you can open carry if you are going to and from fishing, or the range. Accidently exposing your weapon used to be a bad thing there. They changed the law.

Did this dipstick not know how to dial 911, tell the store manager? Douche bag pure and simple.

14. bluharley

bluharley Member

I didn't know that.
    http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=215

That is a stupid law.

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

If this dipstick owns anything I would hammer his ass in a civil trial. Rambo idiot

16. Liberty

WV has open carry, and it has to be visible from 3 sides to be considered open carry. Having an outer belt reading "I am armed" certainly helps. Imagine if the guy had been open carrying how much the douche would have overreacted!

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

Yet there is ignorant CC instructors in Florida that don't know that. :p From what I am hearing Florida is moving towards open carry.

I seldom open carry in TN. I did it once in South Nashville at Walmart with my JHP45. Nobody even noticed! Not even the dufus punk that was selling me ammo :rolleyes:

18. 45Man

45Man Member

He wasn't only attacked by 1 individual, but several more when the first one yelled "he has a gun".
    Here's the Walmart security video.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkYipbgD16w&x-yt-cl=84359240&x-yt-ts=1421782837&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I think it's safe to say that about any walmart! :p