Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Police said a manager at an Old Hickory Sonic restaurant used his personal gun to protect himself against two robbers overnight.

Authorities found a blood trail leading to the back of a nearby business where they believe a getaway car was waiting.

The restaurant employee said he hit at least of the thieves.

Police said the manager has a permit to carry the gun.
Thank you again TN for the CCW law.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Glad he was one victim of a crime that was able to defend himself to the detriment of the criminals!
:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am glad he was able to defend his life.

In the next few days, should someone die from their decision to rob him.....hmm. Let me get back to you on that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Here's something semi-related. This guy worked for Pizza Hut.

In this month's American Rifleman, in the Armed Citizen section, they had an interesting story about a pizza delivery man having to use his sidearm.

Quoted from and credit given to:
The American Rifleman
July 2008 Issue

Pizza Hut deliveryman James Spiers thought he was making a routine delivery, but he was walking into an ambush. As Spiers approached, an armed man sprang at him with a gun,but Spiers, a concealed-carry permit holder, was no easy target. Police say Spiers struggled hard with the assailant until he was able to produce his handgun. "It was a long ordeal...my life was, without a doubt,in dnager." Spiers recalls. Spiers shot the suspect 3 times. The suspect fled and was arrested at the hospital.
Pizza Hut summarily fired Spiers, a 10-year employee, citing a corporate policy forbidding employees from carrying firearms. To voice your displeasure, call Pizza Hut Corporate Offices at 1-800-948-8488 or visit www.pizzahut.com/contactus/ContactUsForm.aspx?l1=2024

(Des Moines Register, Des Moines IA 04/03/2008)

·
Registered
922 Posts
It is time to fight back and quit letting people take advantage of us.
well said

·
Registered
412 Posts
Here's something semi-related. This guy worked for Pizza Hut.

In this month's American Rifleman, in the Armed Citizen section, they had an interesting story about a pizza delivery man having to use his sidearm.

Quoted from and credit given to:
The American Rifleman
July 2008 Issue

Pizza Hut deliveryman James Spiers thought he was making a routine delivery, but he was walking into an ambush. As Spiers approached, an armed man sprang at him with a gun,but Spiers, a concealed-carry permit holder, was no easy target. Police say Spiers struggled hard with the assailant until he was able to produce his handgun. "It was a long ordeal...my life was, without a doubt,in dnager." Spiers recalls. Spiers shot the suspect 3 times. The suspect fled and was arrested at the hospital.
Pizza Hut summarily fired Spiers, a 10-year employee, citing a corporate policy forbidding employees from carrying firearms. To voice your displeasure, call Pizza Hut Corporate Offices at 1-800-948-8488 or visit www.pizzahut.com/contactus/ContactUsForm.aspx?l1=2024

(Des Moines Register, Des Moines IA 04/03/2008)
That is the biggest crock of SHITE what was he supposed to do just stand there and let the guy beat the hell out of him and then just take that bullet like a good employee/minion well I will never buy anything from pizza hut even if im starving and about to die. Thats ridiculous fired for defending ones life. What would they have said if he was killed "oh well hang up a help wanted sign" This reminds me of someones signature on here about pizza delevery.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I will never again eat their pizza. It is stupid for them to think that the guy should have given his life to keep them from a possible lawsuit.

·
1,792 Posts
yep No PIzza Hut Form me either that kinda did it for me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have in drug dealers houses and other places where illegal activity is present. I'm not allowed to carry my weapon no one should have to worry about their life while doing there job especially when they don't do any job classified as dangerous. By the way I deliver and install appliances.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Dont blame you a bit knight. You dont get payed enough to get killed over it.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
That guy's signature was made from this story... it was posted before, but it's nice to be reminded of bastard companies. ;)

·
Registered
870 Posts
You would think that the BGs here in middle TN would soon get the message: our citizens are armed and dangerous.

That is, what, the 4th story this year from this area about a potential victim that had their THCP and a gun to fight back.

Oh, wait, BGs can't read, don't watch TV, or don't listen to news radio. Oh, well, their loss! :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In my town we have only one chain pizza place and guess who it is. Yep it's pizza hut. But since I have shown this story to many of my friends they will not patronize them either. We have 2 other places here but the price is higher, not much but a lil higher. I had rather pay more and patronize a biz that is gun friendly. The owners of both places are CCW holders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
W00T! Gotta love it when someone is able to stand up for themselves and others! Now if this was Pizza Hut they would have fired him, hopefully he gets a bonus on his check!

·
Registered
922 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.