Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I waited too long to buy a new Marlin 795 at a small town hardware store. Another family owned hardware store with a firearm heritage had this 995. The gun was a single shot cause some bubba bubba'd up the bolt. The pin holes for the extracters where rounded out some causeing the pins to fall down and bind on the lower side plates. I just peened the holes a little which has kept the pins in place. I smoothed out and polished rough spots
0522211641a-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
Nice job in the fix. It's nice when you can figure out the reason for a malfunction like that and repair it. A lot of folks would have passed on a real gem like that for lack such knowledge.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job in the fix. It's nice when you can figure out the reason for a malfunction like that and repair it. A lot of folks would have passed on a real gem like that for lack such knowledge.
It really helps that I have stayed at a regular Holiday Inn. I have always tried to figure out how things work and wanted to be a gunsmith. I have limits on what I will try working on.

·
Premium Member
9,305 Posts
It really helps that I have stayed at a regular Holiday Inn. I have always tried to figure out how things work and wanted to be a gunsmith. I have limits on what I will try working on.
I'm like that, too. I enjoy that sense of accomplishment that comes from going a little further than routine user-level maintenance with my firearms. I've taken my Walther P-22 down to its individual internal pieces a few times to work on the internals (polished the trigger bar ears to keep them from eating up the ramp inside the slide), and I did the same for my JHP45 when the various sheet metal linkage components decided to become misaligned when I disassembled it to clean it after a range trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts