Marlin Glenfield 60 ?s

Discussion in 'Gunsmith shop' started by tjulian, Apr 12, 2015.

1. tjulian

tjulian Member

I have an old Marlin Glenfield Model 60 tube fed semi auto 22 rifle.

The other day at the range, I noticed the the front of the tube, near the muzzle, was loose. There is a small pin that was poking out to one side. Back at home, I tried to tap the pin back in the best I could with a punch. It went in most of the way, but the tube was still loose.

The question, is there some type of piece attached to the barrel that the pin would go through? If so, could this have somehow broken? If it has broken, is it fixable?

Also, I am not sure how to take the tube completely off the gun to inspect the problem.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Numrich has schematics, I'll see if they show this.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

The pin goes through the mag tube attachment the is seated into the barrel. knock out the pin and the mag tube will slide right out. Its OK to have a little play but if you want to tighten it up you may need to replace those part. Al was right Numrich has a scheme of the gun and the parts. The pin goes in one way I think. I have one also fun little shooter.

4. Rerun

Rerun Member

5. I just paypal'd Steve $10 this morn thanking him for all the work he's done in collecting and making the information available. He’s always been really good about answering email questions and is just a all around great guy who's led an interesting life!

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Every MOD 60 ends up with a loose tube in time. :) They are great little guns, I enjoy shooting mine. Actually I bought it for my daughter but she lets me shoot it if I ask nice and she is in a good mood. :D

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Huh. I have three, 30-40 years old...no loose tubes yet!:p

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Mines around 40 years old, still solid.... But I think I've shot it more than dad ever did.. I

9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Well ain't you boys just special little snowflakes who treat their rifles all dainty like and proper. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Every MOD 60 I have run across has been well used and passed from one to another in the family, was rode hard and put up wet, and had a loose tube. :p

Between being dropped in creeks, tanks, falling off tractors or out of the truck, and used for everything from a firearm to a jack handle, the tubes somehow ended up loose. <spits a wad of tabaky out). :rofl::rofl:

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member