Martial artist/actor Jason Scott Lee goes to Shaolin Temple

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ex_isp, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Interesting to see experienced artist intimidated at Shaolin boot camp Pretty good video.
    Worth watching.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQnTv31SYo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQnTv31SYo[/ame]

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Learn what it takes to be a Shaolin Warrior in TWO WEEKS?!?!?

Really???

*Shake my head*

eldar

3. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I think I'll learn that and then start applying for mall security jobs.

4. I really don't think the point was for him to become a Shaolin Warrior it two weeks! ;)
    Not even close! Simply that he is an experienced Martial artist for him to realize he knew
    so little was quite humbling.

5. Really... :eek:wned2:
    Must not have watched the video.

Not at all what it's about

6. Exact same reply as in post number 3

7. Back2School

Back2School Member

Thanks for posting that, it was great! To me, those monks are the perfection of the human mind and body.

When I trained, i practiced a form of Bagua Chung. We spent a lot of time holding positions and it's amazing the willpower needed to hold some simple positions. I will not argue it's the best fighting style, but for body and mind development, nothing can match traditional gung fu. I went from fat to cut in less than a year. People could not believe the transformation my body went through.

8. You're welcome Back2School!
    I'm glad you saw the intent of the post!

I felt the same. Contrasts... It's the best way for me to see the example presented.

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I haven't been able to sit down and watch all of it, but enjoyed what I saw....

10. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

AAANNNNTTTTT!

Wrong answer.

eldar

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The only martial art that I've studied, besides Western martial arts in the form of Medieval weaponry, is Tae Kwon Do. Tae Kwon Do is an outstanding workout, and it can provide some basic skills, but I have always believed that Kung Fu is the best all around unarmed traditional fighting system.

The way in which it blends soft and hard techniques, while engaging the mind-body connection, in the way that Yoga does, appears to bring about a certain fluidity that makes it appropriate for the broadest range of body types. It is unfortunate that so few Kung Fu schools exist, compared to the hard styles' schools where they focus on tournament prep.

12. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Gecko45 would only need 1 week to master it.

13. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Gecko45 taught the Shaolin monks.

14. Totally agree. The blend. As graceful as ballet (not that I like ballet), poetry in motion.