Massive 2nd Amendment Victory: Judge Nixes Federal Interstate Sales Ban

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Hermitt, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...nterstate-handgun-sales-ban-unconstitutional/

2. Another win for civilians it looks like. New York, California, New Jersey and the other liberty haters are going to have a hissy fit about this one.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

4. So are the liberty hating States going to stop people at the border and start doing random searches? (Oh wait, California already does that.) Their civilian gun bans are going to be hard to enforce with a citizen going out of state buying one and then bringing it back in. Don't get caught with it though.

If you plan on leaving your State you could always buy what you want, hide it and get it back once you leave the State.

5. This decision only affects those states in the fifth district.

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The unfortunate thing is that many FFLs won't sell to people with drivers licenses from fascist states. When I first moved my wife to another state from Kaliforniastan so that she could start a new job, we tried to buy her the Gen 4 G19 that she wanted, but they wouldn't sell to us because of the Kaliforniastan licenses. They automatically assume that holders of licenses from fascist states are trying to buy guns that are outlawed in those horrible places, and they don't want to be involved in it.

Given the legal risks that FFL holders face every day, I can't say that I blame them.

7. Branth

Branth Member

Hell, we could sell rifles interstate before, and where I work we just refuse to sell to out-of-state licenses. Too many people think that if they try to buy a gun in a different state, the NICS check will come back different... :rolleyes:

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Seems like a pretty minor victory, to be honest; and one which is certain to be challenged all the way up to SCOTUS. No way Congress is going to give up any shred of power without a fight once they've reserved it to themselves.

But, I suppose it's another rung on the ladder and all.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. Back2School

Back2School Member

Like I said - it happened to me in FL.

I could only find 1 LGS who was smart enough to go "the NICS check is my Bible. If they say yes, you are approved. I have no need to think for myself. Its their job to know and they ask all the right questions."