Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Fire Until It Clicks
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

This is my first post on this forum, or on any gun forum for that matter and I had a lot of questions about Hi-Point. I am looking into purchasing my first gun and chose Hi-Point because of its affordability and reviews.
When I do something I tend to overdo it and you can definitely tell in this post that is what I'm going to do lol. Here are a few questions I had about modifications and such. When I buy something I want to know the ins and outs of it and what other people think so feel free in steering me in whatever direction you think is best.
  1. I was wondering for those of you own a .45 and a 9mm Hi-Point which is better in terms of accuracy, power, and general preference. Recoil is not an issue what so ever. I'm still trying to chase the rush of shooting the DEagle.
  2. Are there any aftermarket tactical rails for putting on a red dot site, and a laser? I know this is over kill but I just want to know what's out there.
  3. Are the aftermarket sights even worth it? They look cool and well made but do I even need them?
  4. What are the general internal modifications done to any Hi-Point pistol at this time?
  5. Finally! What paint/external modifications have been done? I have seen some cool camo done but nothing really practical. I'm looking more into a digital or a hex camo.

I keep looking through the forum and everything is so scattered that it would be nice to have everything in a general area, maybe a sticky with internal mod links, external links, customer product links, and just general information.

I look forward to hearing from you and I can't wait to purchase my first gun!

:thankyou::gunman:

· Premium Member
135 Posts
The .45 is giong to be more powerful than the 9mm by quite a bit. Recoil is pretty mild in either one. The .45 has a rail, and can be ordered with a laser right from Hi-Point. As far as aftermarket sights, there are some out there, but I find the factory sights to be pretty good actually, and they come with a ghost ring sight you can try also. You can have the gun hydro dipped in just about any pattern you can imagine if you want.

· Fire Until It Clicks
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. I was kinda leaning more towards the .45 anyway. I need to look more into dip camo. Anyone know a good priced place in NC with hi-points? It's like pulling teeth here to find a new one.
:thankyou:

· Premium Member
37,161 Posts
Hello all!

This is my first post on this forum, or on any gun forum for that matter and I had a lot of questions about Hi-Point.
Welcome, and congrats! You'll love the .45.

Here are a few questions I had about modifications and such. When I buy something I want to know the ins and outs of it and what other people think so feel free in steering me in whatever direction you think is best.

Are there any aftermarket tactical rails for putting on a red dot site, and a laser? I know this is over kill but I just want to know what's out there.
Other than the OEM laser...no.

Are the aftermarket sights even worth it? They look cool and well made but do I even need them?
Necessary...no. But they are worth it, David Mahan makes really, REALLY good sights.

What are the general internal modifications done to any Hi-Point pistol at this time?
Some do some polishing of the feed ramp, and some do a little trigger smoothing. That's about it.

Finally! What paint/external modifications have been done? I have seen some cool camo done but nothing really practical. I'm looking more into a digital or a hex camo.
It's a pistol...there is no such thing as a practical paint job, unless you mean one that prevents corrosion.;) Camo or whatever is just for fun on a handgun, and really, on any gun, except maybe a turkey gun, or a winter predator rifle.

· Premium Member
184 Posts
My advise to you(take it or leave it) is to just get the gun and shoot it,a lot.After you've had it awhile and shot it a lot then you can think about doing all the little tricky things you want.When you get a gun the first thing is to get proficient shooting it,everything else is just icing. morayman...........

· Premium Member
27 Posts
I shoot JHP 45. and a 9mm Glock 17 .... 9mm is a great target / casual round. I love the huge holes the .45 makes.... since I cast & reload, the higher cost of .45 ammo isn't a problem. Whatever you buy, [ except a shotgun ], you will have to shoot it a lot to be a decent shot.

· Premium Supporter
1,484 Posts
My JHP 45 has had zero- I mean zero malfunctions in 1,250 rds shooting 230 gr ball Winchester, Magtech and Monarch. I can't take credit for that, of course It's Hi Point quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.