Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember I said the LGS got in a standard model Taurus TX22 and I was a bit miffed? Well I fixed that. And I have been threatening to buy another Bond Arms barrel in 45acp for my Roughneck? Well, I fixed that too, at least kinda anyways. They HAD a Bond Arms Grizzly 45 Colt / 410 too. I’ll pick one up in a week, the other in 2 or 3 weeks. Got them both in lay-a-way.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Font

Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Metal Air gun

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,178 Posts
Taurus gets a bad rap most of the time, yes well deserved sometimes too... but in general I have always like Taurus. Range report when you get her out!! I guess range report for the bond arms too but that will be 6ft or under right? lol
J/K but do they actually have ANY accuracy or is it more of an up close and personal weapon?

About a year ago, besides my Valmet, I thought I was done buying firearms, the safe was full and my "gun room' no longer had room. Amazing what a heart attack does to ya, if gave me the "Oh why not" attitude back when I saw a gun I liked, why not cause it's humbling surviving one of those and I realize especially now - can't take it with ya. So added a new 26 gun safe and claimed a cubby in the basement!!! I have my Strikeman set up there too!!

So, ya - I'll enable you guys any time you want!!! lol Your not plum crazy, your just trying to stimulate the economy!!!

Anyway, grats!!

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taurus gets a bad rap most of the time, yes well deserved sometimes too... but in general I have always like Taurus. Range report when you get her out!!
I have been a Taurus fan in the past. Became a hater after the class action. I had 2 Millennium 45‘s, a Millennium 380, and a 24/7 45 acp. I let them go because I was just not going to chance carrying a pistol with a known safety issue. Soured me on the brand. I also had a PT809, which honestly was my favorite 9mm handgun. Traded it on a Ruger American. Yes, the Ruger is the better handgun quality wise, but I liked the Taurus 809 to the point that I keep toying with getting a TH9, which is basically an upgrade to the 809.

iI am back in the game since Taurus opened the plant in Bainbridge GA. I carry a GX4 daily and sometimes the Poly 22 as a BUG -when I don’t have the Bond Arms Roughneck in my pocket. Both have been 100% reliable for me so far. I also have the 692 revolver that I keep the 9mm cylinder in.
I guess range report for the bond arms too but that will be 6ft or under right? lol
J/K but do they actually have ANY accuracy or is it more of an up close and personal weapon?
My experience with the Bond Arms is limited. I only have the Roughneck 9mm. You would be surprised how accurate it is. At 5 yards with a center hold, the top barrel shoots a bit high while the bottom barrel shoots low. At 15 yards they actually are tightening up a bit. I have shot it out to 50 yards and am able to place most shots on a man sized target. Aim center mass, and the bullet will fall on the target somewhere in about an 8" circle.

I have wanted a 4 1/4" Snake Slayer for some time now. The cost was off putting. I think the Grizzly with its 3" barrel at just over $300 will make a good substitute. The primary use will be a snake gun, so your 6’ or under is actually pretty close to where I will pattern it. I will be using 2 1/2" shells stoked with #9 shot likely - the same as I use in my H&R 45/410 Survivor which is my current snake gun.

Learn the trigger on the Bond Arms and you will do well. It’s about an 8 pound pull that is down and back. I am able to keep the steel swinging regular 10mtom20myards.m

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,775 Posts
Remember I said the LGS got in a standard model Taurus TX22 and I was a bit miffed? Well I fixed that. And I have been threatening to buy another Bond Arms barrel in 45acp for my Roughneck? Well, I fixed that too, at least kinda anyways. They HAD a Bond Arms Grizzly 45 Colt / 410 too. I’ll pick one up in a week, the other in 2 or 3 weeks. Got them both in lay-a-way.
View attachment 75749
View attachment 75748
Not Crazy...

Forehead Photograph Muscle Product Gesture

Reactions: moona11

·
Super Moderator
25,942 Posts
One of them needed to be purple for it to be the perfect title... Now I'm disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here ya’ go
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Shotgun

Attachments

Reactions: moona11 and histed

·
Super Moderator
25,942 Posts
Not good enough...

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Super Moderator
25,942 Posts
Well….that’s the only purple one I got.
Well, then I guess you're dipping that Taurus in purple dye! We shall accept no other substitutes!!

😤

Reactions: ajole

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, then I guess you're dipping that Taurus in purple dye! We shall accept no other substitutes!!

😤
Sort of reminds me of my brother. He took it upon himself to buy his wife a pistol. She did not like it. That’s why his carry is a pink pistol.

·
Super Moderator
25,942 Posts
Sort of reminds me of my brother. He took it upon himself to buy his wife a pistol. She did not like it. That’s why his carry is a pink pistol.
I think I remember you telling that story. 😆

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,178 Posts
I have been a Taurus fan in the past. Became a hater after the class action. I had 2 Millennium 45‘s, a Millennium 380, and a 24/7 45 acp. I let them go because I was just not going to chance carrying a pistol with a known safety issue. Soured me on the brand. I also had a PT809, which honestly was my favorite 9mm handgun. Traded it on a Ruger American. Yes, the Ruger is the better handgun quality wise, but I liked the Taurus 809 to the point that I keep toying with getting a TH9, which is basically an upgrade to the 809.
I still have my 24/7 in 40S&W. It just shot so well, never an issue with it. I started the process with (forget the company name) to send it in and get a replacement or money but never followed through, so I still have.

I do not carry it anymore but it is in my little safe next to my bed. I have zero problems keeping it there and I know it will go bang when needed.

Funny thing is I carried that every day for years before that recall hit. Never knew it "might" ND, it never did either... lol

Only other Taurus I have is a Raging Hunter revolver in 44 mag. That thing is a beast, love it.

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
I’ve tried really hard to intentionally get my Taurus to ND. Never has. I carry condition three anyway, so I don’t even care, but one likes to know.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’ve tried really hard to intentionally get my Taurus to ND. Never has. I carry condition three anyway, so I don’t even care, but one likes to know.
Never had a ND with my Taurus, but ALL of my Millennium pistols and my 24/7 would engage the safety behind the trigger, which was the driving force behind the class action. The slide would not rack, but the pistol would fire. Thing is, if nobody would of told me I would never have known. I just never thought to handle a pistol that way.

Reactions: moona11 and histed

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
Never had a ND with my Taurus, but ALL of my Millennium pistols and my 24/7 would engage the safety behind the trigger, which was the driving force behind the class action. The slide would not rack, but the pistol would fire. Thing is, if nobody would of told me I would never have known. I just never thought to handle a pistol that way.
That's only cuz you're smarter than the gun and way smarter than a lot of users

Reactions: undeRGRound
1 - 16 of 16 Posts