Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Measure 114 Oregon

2K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  CamoDeafie 
#1 ·
From the comment section of the below video.
Darran Wardle
1 day ago
I am a dealer in Oregon. The state police just yesterday sent us a notice saying they will stop the processing of background checks on the 8th and will not continue to process the 35,000 background checks they are behind until the gun buyer has a license. This is what happens when we are quiet and the liberals are loud.

This gun control goes into effect 12/8/2022

#2 ·
It's Oregon the people voted for this. Deal with it. Go to court or whatever. I honestly couldn't careless what that liberal shithole state does. I by pass all those states and don't do any business with them. I'm a little frosty today

#6 ·
FPC, and GOA teamed up on the Bruen decision. One thing that was dug up is they are violating their own state constitution.

Noshit Twisty! #2 was living in Oregon when I met here. I was thinking WTF? Got to wait on some punk to fill my tank?

Reactions: Rabidwookie
#4 ·
@moona11 ; it passed by a margin of only 25,000 votes in a state of 2 million voters. Portland voted for this. The rest of Oregon didn't..
And...

Judge Immergut for Fed District announced today that there will be a 30 day stay on permit requirement but that everything else will proceed as stated by Sec of State (Dec 8th) :rolleyes: this is specifically for the Oregon Firearms Freedom group's suit, whereas this other decision in Harney County by the Gun Owners of America suit; decided by Harney County Circuit Court Judge Robert S. Raschio, has a 30 day stay/injunction/TRO for the entire Measure. I am not sure what is going to happen; as the State Circuit Oregon decides for all 36 counties for violations of Oregon State Constitution, while the Fed Court decides Federal matters (does this violate US Fed Constitution?).

Edit. There are 5 separate lawsuits for the same thing
OFF was the one that apparently failed.

Second Amendment Foundation, Sportsmans Warehouse,, Oregon Shooting Sports Foundation (NRA backed btw), Firearms Policy Center, and Gun Owners of America. I don't know which ones have the lawyer team that did Bruen..

#5 ·
@moona11 ; it passed by a margin of only 25,000 votes in a state of 2 million voters. Portland voted for this. The rest of Oregon didn't..
And...

Judge Immergut for Fed District announced today that there will be a 30 day stay on permit requirement but that everything else will proceed as stated by Sec of State (Dec 8th) :rolleyes: this is specifically for the Oregon Firearms Freedom group's suit, whereas this other decision in Harney County by the Gun Owners of America suit; decided by Harney County Circuit Court Judge Robert S. Raschio, has a 30 day stay/injunction/TRO for the entire Measure. I am not sure what is going to happen; as the State Circuit Oregon decides for all 36 counties for violations of Oregon State Constitution, while the Fed Court decides Federal matters (does this violate US Fed Constitution?).

Edit. There are 5 separate lawsuits for the same thing
OFF was the one that apparently failed.

Second Amendment Foundation, Sportsmans Warehouse,, Oregon Shooting Sports Foundation (NRA backed btw), Firearms Policy Center, and Gun Owners of America. I don't know which ones have the lawyer team that did Bruen..
It passed because 25,001 voters didn't vote against it. It's a voter issue. Or they did not vote for the right candidates etc. MN was the same issue.

It sucks for the people who have to live in an area like that.

#8 ·
And the gas prices are lower than Washington :ROFLMAO: but then again, this was a "make jobs" thing... and recently Oregon passed "pump your own gas" thing but Legislature went to say only in counties with under 40,000 residents and if there isn't an available attendant :rolleyes:

Anyways. We are expecting appeals from State and from plaintiffs on these decisions, and probably the State Circuit will go all the way to Fed District on appeals because Oregon Supreme Court is full of Leftist activist "justices", and then there's the 9th District.. who literally thumbed their noses at SCOTUS Bruen and punted Bonta (mag ban for CA, applicable to Oregon and WA) back down to Judge Benitez :rolleyes: we shall see what happens....

#9 ·
And the gas prices are lower than Washington :ROFLMAO: but then again, this was a "make jobs" thing... and recently Oregon passed "pump your own gas" thing but Legislature went to say only in counties with under 40,000 residents and if there isn't an available attendant :rolleyes:

Anyways. We are expecting appeals from State and from plaintiffs on these decisions, and probably the State Circuit will go all the way to Fed District on appeals because Oregon Supreme Court is full of Leftist activist "justices", and then there's the 9th District.. who literally thumbed their noses at SCOTUS Bruen and punted Bonta (mag ban for CA, applicable to Oregon and WA) back down to Judge Benitez :rolleyes: we shall see what happens....
Well, keep in mind the fact that NY is on pace to be totally responsible for universal constitutional carry with how bad they shit all over SCOTUS after getting their peepee's whacked.

#11 ·
Its so nice to live somewhere that lets me live my life and protects us from stupid ass gun laws and businesses from denying our rights.

#12 ·
It's best to stomp out the fire before it gets to your neighborhood. No politician wants an armed populace. No matter what letter is in front of their name.

Reactions: Hipointer and Rerun
#15 ·
Every FFL in Oregon needs to flood the capital and sue the dog shit out of the legislators personally that wrote the unconstitutional bill.

Reactions: CamoDeafie
#17 ·
I looked up this information on the tyrant Oregon Measure 114. Citizens are allowed to keep 11 to 40 round magazines (or drum magazines) in Oregon who already own them and can only possess them lawfully in their homes or use them at a firing range, in shooting competitions or for hunting as allowed by state law after the measure takes effect. (How are they going to know if someone went out of State and bought magazines and brought them back in to Oregon? It is another stupid, tyrant feel good law.) Some Sheriffs in some counties said they are not going to enforce the magazine capacity laws as they violate the 2nd Amendment. If you live in Oregon look up what your local Sheriff has said.

The permit to purchase in Oregon has been placed on hold until January 5th 2023 I believe. It might be January 4th or 6th 2023.

I hope these tyrant laws in Oregon get over turned in the courts but it may take years for them to get to the Supreme Court if they ever get there. Keep fighting for liberty Americans in Oregon!

#22 ·
These laws have only 1 thing in mind, and it isn't even to harass legal gun owners, though that IS a bonus to them. The law is designed to get rid of as many Mom'n'Pop gun shops as possible. Since the smaller gun shops can't just pack up their inventory and ship it to another state for the company to sell, these small gun shops have to take their "illegal" inventory and ship it back to their suppliers.
Since the local shops depend on those sales, they cannot sell ANY gun until the permit thing is in place- which the state had no intention of making or funding because they knew the law would get put on hold. Now all these shops can sell is ammo(maybe?), accessories and such, which are smaller ticket items that won't help pay the bills like gun sales do.
Once several small shops are out of the way, that leaves only big box stores selling guns to people, and those will fold faster than a paper airplane when the state- or the woketards- clamor about evil guns being sold in those shops.

#23 ·
On Thursday the 15th of December; Honorable Judge Raschio, Oregon Circuit Court Judge for Harney County has announced that the TRO /temporary stay will apply to the entire BM114, at least until the 23rd of December and until the State can have their permit system completely in place and the hearings and trial dates are completed. The TRO will remain in effect for all parts of the Measure until the Dec 23rd hearing; by which then the State AG team will have to explain why the "Charleston Loophole" (removes the State from following Federal law for releasing firearms after 3 business days if Federal NICs doesn't come back with a Deny or Proceed after 3 days; thereby allowing OSP to continue to delay indefinitely for background checks) should take effect. The mag ban has been stayed/prevented from taking place, and the State has until they can develop a complete permit system and infrastructure in place to get the entire permit to purchase and training and so forth; to have a hearing on whether that system violates Oregon Constitution or not ( :rolleyes: ) ... word is that the permit system will take a long time to develop, and that it is likely Oregon Legislature session will develop an ORS law that addresses the permit system to "fix" the Ballot Measure into the Oregon Revised Statutes. Since Oregon is part of the Federal 9th Circus; it is possible that the State AG teams are looking at the Duncan V. Bonta case and waiting to see what California Judge Benitez rules and what the 9th District decides from there, if they wish to force the mag ban to go through again or not

#25 ·
I thought I caught a headline on Armed Scholar's channel saying the CA mag ban is over(?) Look for yourself. I'm doing dishes!

Reactions: CamoDeafie
#24 ·
This video is encouraging. I also learned that Lewis and Clark had a 20+rd air rifle from it. The thing is with SCOTUS it will take money from our entire country to spank the politicians, and the "inferior courts." It was worth the time to watch it.

#28 ·
I was just watching footage from the large insurrection 2020 riots today. Then I hear ignorant or stupid people say: "No one needs a twenty or thirty round magazine for self defense." In those situations I am sure many people would want full capacity magazines for defense over ten round crippled capacity magazines.

#29 ·
TRO Injunction on entire bill stands as of today after the hearing by Judge Raschio in Harney County today. State tried to argue severability for removing the federal 3 day release. Judge Raschio smacked him down; as GOA argued that ending the Federal 3 day release is too intertwined with permit to purchase to sever; and Judge Raschio will have an opinion letter by no later than Jan 3rd 2023 5pm for the 3 day release thing; as well as no status update hearings until March 7th, 2023; regarding permit to purchase scheme. State has until March 7th 2023 it seems to have permit to purchase system in place.. I don't fully know about that last part. Just "no status hearing on permit to purchase scheme until March 7th". So as it stands.. there is a Statewide stay/injunction on enforcing any part of Measure 114 until either the 3rd of Jan or the 7th of March.

#31 ·
What happened to the secession movement in Oregon?
It's still alive but not publicized much.

How much vote fraud took place in Portland to get this Nazi mandate over the top?
Yeah, by only 24,971 votes out of 1.9 million ish spread out in 36 counties with the largest gaps in Multnomah, Washington, Lane, and a few predominantly Democratic Counties.. however turnout was an "impressive 66.7%" overall for a State midterm (usually far less than 50%).

#32 ·
DocumentCloud

44 page judgement by Raschio declaring all of M114 to be unconstitutional under Oregon Constitution, using prior Oregon SC cases and local cases, and historical analysis of Statehood era (1850s), it is excellently written and leaves very little wriggle room for State to prevail. State will appeal to Oregon Supremes (8 are Kate Brown appointees, 1 seat still vacant) .

Edit. Mark Smith of 4 boxes Diner channel has a good video on this.