Merit Badge

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lklawson, Jul 16, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

My Merit Badge Counselor Card (Rifle Shooting) came today too. It was waiting for me when I got home,

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Cool!.........

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Took them long enough, did they run it through New Jersey and their super efficient process.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    We don't have cards, we're just on a list.

But I'm not sure anyone checks signatures on cards when turned in.:rolleyes:

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

About 2 months ago, if memory serves, the fam stopped in at the local Scout Store, hosted in the local Scouting offices and I checked with the gent who actually processed my application (instead of giving me "my dog ate it" excuse). He checked some online registry and assured me that my status was enrolled and I could sign. He then explained to me that I will get my card whenever National darn well feels like sending them out (or more politely stated words to that effect).

I was, frankly, shocked when I got the card.

And it's not actually blue. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Mine is illegible anyway. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. histed

histed Supporting Member

Kirk - what card is this? To no one's surprise, I've never heard of this, therefore I reveal my ignorance and beg for enlightenment.

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

A few years back, my son's Boy Scout troop asked me to become the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge Counselor for them. What should have been about a 3 week process turned into a multi-year cluster that could normally have only been accomplished by the joint incompetence of 3 separate branches of the military working in close collusion with the CIA and while all were drunk, stoned, or both.

Here's a thread with more details:
    http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.co...bsa-merit-badge-counselor-application-313756/

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. histed

histed Supporting Member

That explains everything. Thanks - and now my sincere congradulations. More real scouting, less political bs. I'm sure the kids will appreciate your sticking with this.